Anybody here compiled oomidi with DSSI support before?

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jeffh
Established Member

Anybody here compiled oomidi with DSSI support before?

Post by jeffh »

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody here knows how to compile OpenOctaveMidi with DSSI support, and use the plugins with MIDI tracks?

I'm about to release the first in a series of DSSI instruments, samplers and effects plugins. I was going to bundle pre-compiled plugins, with a pre-compiled binary of Qtractor, but I would also like to bundle oomidi as an alternative DAW with my plugin bundle if it works acceptably well.

In case you're wondering why I'm not asking the oomidi folks directly; They've made it abundantly clear that instrument plugins in general and especially DSSI are essentially unsupported, so I won't ask them to support it.
ccherrett
Established Member

Re: Anybody here compiled oomidi with DSSI support before?

Post by ccherrett »

We are supporting native vst and lv2 synths, but we have dropped dssi support.
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org
jeffh
Established Member

Re: Anybody here compiled oomidi with DSSI support before?

Post by jeffh »

ccherrett wrote:We are supporting native vst and lv2 synths, but we have dropped dssi support.
Thanks for replying.

I understand that your intent with OOMIDI is film-scoring, and that you were apparently having stability issues with DSSI, but... I would like say, as a plugin developer, that I think you should seriously consider supporting DSSI again.

I honestly don't see any signs of LV2 gaining traction with plugin developers, whereas I'm personally churning out new DSSI plugins every month, and I have a forthcoming super-easy visual DSSI plugin designer :mrgreen: