Has anyone got the J station software, running under Linux?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

junebug
Established Member

Has anyone got the J station software, running under Linux?

Post by junebug »

I have a Johnson J Station amp modeller that i've been using for years. Great little piece of gear. I never really thought about getting the Jedit software that comes with it, working until i came across the disc again the other day. I went to the website and downloaded the newest version of the software. It loads up but doesn't work correctly. I get no notches on the dials and i keep getting an error message. I do have it recognising the amps and cabinets so it is hooked up and being recognised and is communicating to some degree. I haven't used wine a huge amount beyond the default settings. Has anyone gotten the Jedit software running under wine and if so how? I can, and have until now, been accessing deep level settings from the unit but it can be annoying. There was a version released for mac due to popular demand but even that had to be pushed for nevermind getting a linux version :P I would really like if it could get it working. Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers guys :)
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Has anyone got the J station software, running under Linux?

Post by Pablo »

Not me :) However, if I were you I would try this:

To solve the visualization problem, winetricks. "winetricks allfonts" can help a lot.

I think that you will need wineasio to connect the program to other jack clients (including but not limited to your audio card :) ).

Unfortunately, wine includes neither winetricks nor wineasio by default. You have to install them separately.

In any case, if you launch the program from a terminal, for example with "wine jstation.exe", you will see a log that you can always include in your questions. Don't hesitate to ask again if you get stuck.
fengalin

Post by fengalin »

For those still looking for an Linux interface to edit the presets of the J-Station, check out my project that I recently moved to github:
https://github.com/fengalin/gstation-edit

It runs natively on modern Linux distributions. Make sure to read the instructions for the dependencies and the installation.
Give me a feedback if you use GStation-Edit or if you run into issues!
fengalin

Post by fengalin »

Hi!

I wrote a new cross-platform application to control the J-Station. Tested on Linux and Windows and it should work on macOS too. Binaries are available from the release page.