Essential information for new users

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

AlkuK
Established Member

Re: Essential information for new users

Post by AlkuK »

Thank you Nathan for the warm welcome. I hope my stay here will glide from the same note...

Ben Martin
Established Member

Post by Ben Martin »

Thank you for this community forum.
It is always refreshing to find a place where musicians can shares a little "love" and help others to discover the "free way" to compose music.
Much appreciated.

tiplargely

Post by tiplargely »

Hello Nathan!

I wanted to express my gratitude for the warm welcome to the Linux Musicians community. While I consider myself a seasoned musician and songwriter, my journey with Linux is still in its early stages. However, I am eager to immerse myself in this open-source realm and contribute to a community that aligns with the principles of freedom.

Using Linux programs in my musical endeavors has been a refreshing experience, and I believe that contributing to a community that embraces the philosophy of open source is not only fair but enriching. I look forward to learning, collaborating, and sharing my musical insights within this vibrant community.

Thank you once again for the welcome, and I'm excited to be a part of the Linux Musicians family!

Explore the best deals on Tempo vehicles with our authorized Tempo – your trusted source for quality and reliability.

HarryPotter69

Post by HarryPotter69 »

Hi all,

new user here - new to Linux, or to music (since I've just turned 25).

Living in Germany and single.

Nice to - virtually - "meet" all of you here.

Cheers,

INPC
Established Member

Post by INPC »

Hi folks,

Sound engineer and music maker here, hoping to move to Linux in the future. Currently using an M1 Mac and a bunch of plugins currently unsupported on Linux so I'm here to learn what options I have going forward.

My daily driver is now Reaper after years of Pro Fools/Logic/Ableton use. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Cheers :)

Looter
Established Member

Post by Looter »

Thank you for the welcome. I have fairly recently retired and am getting back into music, I played in a few bands back in the late 80s through the 90s but haven't really done anything in the last two decades. Now it's time to break out my babies, tweak the setups and start playing again.

I have been using Linux since late 2000 except for a short bit I tired out FreeBSD. Decided to stick with Linux because of the support and software options. I guess what I am hoping to get out of this forum is some guidance on equipment, software, and setup. I have managed to get a "working" system setup but hoping to do better.

Starts with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 that I am running into a old Acer tower Core i3 4Gig of RAM running Debian testing. On that I have installed Jack, Guitarix, Audacity and Ardour. It took me a while to get them all to play together however there are still issues to overcome. I don't know if it's a horse power issue or my set up of the individual programs but that's what I'm here for.

Thanks again.