Status of WineASIO on AVL-MXE

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

delete000
Established Member

Status of WineASIO on AVL-MXE

Post by delete000 »

Rather surprisingly, I have been able to get Yousician to run under Wine on AV Linux MX Edition, with WineASIO inputs appearing in Qjackctl. It's glitchy, but as long as the Yousician window doesn't go out of focus it seems stable. Problem is, audio routed to the WineASIO inputs in Wine doesn't really get to Yousician. I tried the Windows version of Reaper, same deal.

Is there any way to get WineASIO working on AVL-MXE?

And just in case I can forgo Wine altogether: is there any software like Yousician / Rocksmith with real-time feedback that runs (semi-)natively and glitch-free on AVL-MXE?

glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Status of WineASIO on AVL-MXE

Post by glowrak guy »

I'm not sure, but I think wineasio needs a code maintainer to keep it up to date with current distros and latest wine releases. It is still useful, even important for a few cool softwares. But using an extra slightly older distro on an external drive isn't bad luck. Can also be helpful if one wants exotic effects chains using the older Calf plugins. Or sundry gtk 2 reliant apps.
Cheers

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

WineASIO broke after Wine-Staging 8.2, and I stopped chasing it and it appears nothing further has been done (although I haven't checked recently). If you can get Wine-Staging 8.2 packages (ie from WineHQ) theoretically the WineASIO Packages in AV Linux 21.3 should still work..

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

GMaq wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Hi,

WineASIO broke after Wine-Staging 8.2, and I stopped chasing it and it appears nothing further has been done (although I haven't checked recently). If you can get Wine-Staging 8.2 packages (ie from WineHQ) theoretically the WineASIO Packages in AV Linux 21.3 should still work..

Wineasio 1.2.0 works fine with Wine 9.5

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Kott wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:15 pm
GMaq wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Hi,

Wineasio 1.2.0 works fine with Wine 9.5

@Kott

Thanks for mentioning that, I had gotten frustrated with how many times it had broken with recent Wine and pretty much gave up on it. I will work on getting it into the MX Repos for MX/AVL Users soon!