Open Harp

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

Open Harp

Post by folderol »

An improv. A simple, just sit down and play track here.

The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
folderol
Established Member

Re: Open Harp

Post by folderol »

For anyone interested, it's the instrument patch itself that really makes this stand out.

It's Angel Harp, one of the default patches in my Yoshimi 'Companion' bank. The 'strike' is a fairly conventional AddSynth single voice with a quite rapid decay, but the tail is a SubSynth element which is basically pitch tracking filtered noise, and has a slow attack, NO decay and a 3.5 sec. release time! Finally, there is some 'Canyon' echo, and 'Cathedral' reverb.

It's my go-to patch for chill-out noodling.

The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Open Harp

Post by Rainmak3r »

folderol wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:17 am

For anyone interested, it's the instrument patch itself that really makes this stand out.

It's Angel Harp, one of the default patches in my Yoshimi 'Companion' bank. The 'strike' is a fairly conventional AddSynth single voice with a quite rapid decay, but the tail is a SubSynth element which is basically pitch tracking filtered noise, and has a slow attack, NO decay and a 3.5 sec. release time! Finally, there is some 'Canyon' echo, and 'Cathedral' reverb.

It's my go-to patch for chill-out noodling.

I've used Angel Harp myself a few times, I do love the sound! But then there's a lot of sounds I love in Yoshimi: there's tracks or parts that were born just by listening to a sound and thinking of something that would be cool played by them :D