use renoise+external effect and synth

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

datacrk
Established Member

use renoise+external effect and synth

Post by datacrk »

hello,
i use renoise since years but at this moment i try to incorporate audio effect with rensoie (for renoise samples and for external synth).
i have a Sherman filterbank and a quadraverb,i have put the output into the input of my fireface 400 and the ouptus into some input.
i succeed to hear my modular synt hbut don' be able to integrate effect as inserts.
my goal is too use my effect as insert for the samples sequenced by renoise but too applied effect on live for recording with the ssamples record utilitary
on my synth

thnks for your adavance for your replies

ps i use endevouros(arch linux) 64bits

KatS
Established Member

Re: use renoise+external effect and synth

Post by KatS »

Hi! I've already given a more detailed answer on the Renoise forum, but the Jack Audio Connection Kit is what you need. It's an audio and MIDI patchbay, that's very flexible.

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

KatS wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:19 am

Hi! I've already given a more detailed answer on the Renoise forum, but the Jack Audio Connection Kit is what you need. It's an audio and MIDI patchbay, that's very flexible.

You can pretty much assume distributions are shipping with pipewire nowadays, especially arch based one. Telling people to install JACK is not only mostly unnecessary because of this, it could cause serious problems for someone if they start with pipewire so you better make sure they know how to deal with it first.

datacrk wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:17 am

hello,
i use renoise since years but at this moment i try to incorporate audio effect with rensoie (for renoise samples and for external synth).
i have a Sherman filterbank and a quadraverb,i have put the output into the input of my fireface 400 and the ouptus into some input.
i succeed to hear my modular synt hbut don' be able to integrate effect as inserts.
my goal is too use my effect as insert for the samples sequenced by renoise but too applied effect on live for recording with the ssamples record utilitary
on my synth

thnks for your adavance for your replies

ps i use endevouros(arch linux) 64bits

Not sure where your problem lies. Are you able to get a signal from renoise to the effects units? Are they registering an input?

KatS
Established Member

Post by KatS »

Largos wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:32 pm

You can pretty much assume distributions are shipping with pipewire nowadays, especially arch based one. Telling people to install JACK is not only mostly unnecessary because of this, it could cause serious problems for someone if they start with pipewire so you better make sure they know how to deal with it first.

Wait, can you do this with Pipewire now? I was under the impression it wasn't there yet, and probably wouldn't be. I've yet to successfully route Renoise to Ardour, never mind patching external hardware into the flow.

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

KatS wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:13 pm
Largos wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:32 pm

Wait, can you do this with Pipewire now? I was under the impression it wasn't there yet, and probably wouldn't be. I've yet to successfully route Renoise to Ardour, never mind patching external hardware into the flow.

Pipewire has a jack module that allows jack programs to connect to pipewire as if it were jack. You can do all the same routing.

datacrk
Established Member

Post by datacrk »

i have resolve the problem in conectting my effect and synth to a little mixing board to the rme fifreface 400 i think there is another possibilities (yes you could redirect with helvum in pipewire)