Arturia minilab 3

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

kpanic

Arturia minilab 3

Post by kpanic »

Hello everyone, I would like to buy an Arturia MiniLab 3 and use it as a keyboard with maybe some mapping on renoise.

Do you know if I will need wine to configure the keyboard or if it will work out of the box?
Thanks in advance!

miuzik
Established Member

Re: Arturia minilab 3

Post by miuzik »

Do you know if I will need wine to configure the keyboard or if it will work out of the box?

Arturia don't respect linux users. The keyboard has a lot functions that need the arturia's software, and those functions are midi info, you don't need software wall for that. A lot of companies have this new model. Even for live sessions that way is very unproductive. Maybe look another brand or second hand keyboard. For new models the novation launch key series are very easy to use.

Many users have had problems with arturia software (for update firmware and change options) and wine. Please look to midi keyboard that respect the STANDARDS, in this case, the midi standard, an 80's technology, in this time midi structure may be plug and play.

sherrywright

Re: Arturia minilab 3

Post by sherrywright »

You should be able to use it right out of the box without needing to install any additional software or drivers.

I couldn’t find any information on whether you would need Wine to configure the keyboard. However, Wine is a compatibility layer that allows you to run Windows applications on Linux, so it’s possible that you might need it if you’re running Linux and want to use Windows software with the MiniLab.

Sherry's heregeometry dash subzero :lol: