Integra-7 help

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CarnivioN

Integra-7 help

Post by CarnivioN »

Hi all~
I only have one computer and one Integra-7 on hand right now, so Integra-7 can only be connected to the computer via USB, and Integra-7's driver mode is set to VENDER (MIDI+Audio). My computer is Ubuntu Studio - actually, it's Xubuntu 22.04 with linux-lowlatency and ubuntustudio-audio packages installed.
First, any sound from Integra-7 produced some sort of noise. Then I set Integra-7's Master Level (in System Settings) to only 1, and the sound seemed normal, but I'm not sure it's still possible to play multiple parts at once without overdriving the sound. So I think Integra-7's driver is not recognized correctly by the computer. Do I still need an audio interface?
I'm looking at the Steinberg UR12, but as an external device, it ultimately has to send the sound back to the computer via USB, so I'm afraid that the device which is directly connected to the computer still won't be recognized by the computer.
After searching this forum, it looks like Integra-7 can work well with Linux. So I would like to ask how you connect the Integra-7 to your computer? Does it produce broken sound because I'm missing something? If an audio interface is needed, does the UR12 work and how do I connect them? UR12 has only one Instrument input labeled Hi-Z, is it a 6.35 stereo input?
Thank you!

CarniovN