[ANN] LSP Plugins 1.2.14 released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

[ANN] LSP Plugins 1.2.14 released!

Post by sadko4u »

LSP Plugins celebrates the 8th anniversary and introduces the 1.2.14 release!

• Implemented Clipper plugins series.
  • Implemented Multiband Clipper plugin series.
  • Implemented Parametric Equalizer x8 plugin series.
  • Updated VST 2.x plugin naming to fit the maximum possible length of 31 characters.
  • Added tracking of maximum values option for Spectrum Analyzer plugin series.
  • Added possibility to change frequency values by double click for GOTT Compressor.
  • Improved performance of expression language in the UI.
  • Implemented separate input and output signal spectrum analysis for Filter, Graphic Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer plugin series.
  • Updated default value and extended range of the zoom fader for Filter, Graphic Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer plugin series.
  • Added possibility to globally adjust filter point size for Filter, Graphic Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer plugin series.
  • Added gain level display for filter info of the Parametric Equalizer and Filter plugin series.
  • Added missing inline display to the Autogain plugin series.
  • Threshold markers are now editable for all dynamics and multiband dynamics plugins.
  • Implemented switch that controls automatic scaling of spectrum graph for plugin series:
    • Beat Breather.
    • Filter.
    • GOTT Compressor.
    • Graphic Equalizer.
    • Multiband Compressor.
    • Multiband Dynamic Processor.
    • Multiband Gate.
    • Multiband Expander.
    • Multiband Limiter.
    • Noise Generator.
    • Parametric Equalizer.
  • Many code updates that could cause potential problems related to using another decimal point for floating-point number formatting.
  • Added frequency and note displaying for band splits for all multiband plugin series.
  • Added support of storing current file type selection in file dialogs of UI.
  • Optimization of compressor and gate functions using AVX-512 instruction set.
  • Fixed bug in Mid/Side conversion functions for AArch64 architecture (contributed by marcan at GitHub).
  • Introduced SIMD-optimized expander curve and gain functions.
  • Improved performance of logarithmic values calculations for DSP modules.

https://youtu.be/jbnGSgoVIkg

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins 1.2.14 released!

Post by sysrqer »

Wow those clippers look amazing, I've been looking for something like this for ages.

elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

The EQs and analysers somehow just keep getting better. And I probably need to give the clipper a shot, too. Thanks, man!

One thing I'm noticing in the parametric EQ is that the graph seems a little laggy and twitchy when moving points around. I don't remember if this was the case before... Of course that's a purely aesthetic issue and shouldn't affect functionality.

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

elcalen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:50 pm

The EQs and analysers somehow just keep getting better. And I probably need to give the clipper a shot, too. Thanks, man!

One thing I'm noticing in the parametric EQ is that the graph seems a little laggy and twitchy when moving points around. I don't remember if this was the case before... Of course that's a purely aesthetic issue and shouldn't affect functionality.

This is because the smoothing was added to the equalizer to prevent audio clicks when you edit filters. When you change filter, the equalizer needs to interpolate the changes and automate the filter. We'll think on how it can be improved.

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Excellent work as usual!
I'm so slack, just realised I was still using 1.2.10. :roll: :lol: Now updated to the new versions.
I welcome the new parametric-eq-x8 and just set it up to replace the x16 (JACK version) for room compensation as I only use 4 bands. Working well so far.

Thanks again. Good to see my meagre contribution via Patreon is being put to good use. Hopefully a lot more people will consider becoming patrons soon. :wink: 8)