Saludos desde México :D

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

IRVNG
Established Member

Saludos desde México :D

Post by IRVNG »

Hello! My name is Irving and my artist name is IRVNG. I make music blending pop, rock, indie, metal and latin music. I also do production work for local artists in my city.

Having dived into Linux has made me unable to switch to Windows ever again. It's a world of infinite possibilities and learning it is such a joy and also sometimes stressful when you just wanna get to work but you're spending hours tweaking your system, specially when you have a job (web design) and a girlfriend. :mrgreen:

I'm also a graphic designer. When I switched to Linux I had to also switch from Photoshop to GIMP and from Illustrator to Inkscape. I'm glad I did because I no longer have to... "borrow"... Adobe's products. Hehehe. Also I just love the nature of open source software, which is always to give more, instead of taking as much as you can. (I'm talking to you Adobe and Waves :twisted:)

I'm still struggling with getting my Fedora 39 installation ready for music production. If anyone wants to help me out I've made a thread on the "System Tunning and Configuration" subforum.

Here are a couple of my songs in case anyone wants to take the time to listen (I appreciate it!):

Love to be part of this community. Hope to meet friends and make some awesome music on Linux. My Discord username is irvng. (with the dot at the end)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by IRVNG on Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Currently using Fedora 39 and REAPER as my DAW.

My music on Spotify
My music on YouTube

Basslint
Established Member

Re: Saludos desde México :D

Post by Basslint »

Welcome, Irving! Glad to hear more and more people using GIMP/Inkscape professionally!

The quality of your production and mixing is very high. From what I read it seems you made these tracks on Windows, hope you will able to keep this level on your new Linux-based setup :D

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
IRVNG
Established Member

Re: Saludos desde México :D

Post by IRVNG »

Basslint wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:53 am

Welcome, Irving! Glad to hear more and more people using GIMP/Inkscape professionally!

The quality of your production and mixing is very high. From what I read it seems you made these tracks on Windows, hope you will able to keep this level on your new Linux-based setup :D

Thank you. :mrgreen:

Yes! My girl and I have an art/design business and I've been using GIMP/Inkscape to do my part. The results have been on par with what I did with Adobe products and now I can't stop talking about Linux and open source software. Hehehe.

I'm getting closer to having a fully featured and powerful Linux Music Production machine! That means getting closer to deleting my Windows partition. :D

Currently using Fedora 39 and REAPER as my DAW.

My music on Spotify
My music on YouTube