Acoustica Mixcraft 10 in Linux?

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

k410
Established Member

Acoustica Mixcraft 10 in Linux?

Post by k410 »

Yes, I have seen the online document about Mixcraft 8, but that might be old news.

And regarding this and my other post today about MOTU's DP10, I understand it would probably be easier to just use a Linux-native DAW, but thought I would ask anyway, just in case.

tavasti
Established Member

Re: Acoustica Mixcraft 10 in Linux?

Post by tavasti »

k410 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:11 pm

Yes, I have seen the online document about Mixcraft 8, but that might be old news.

And regarding this and my other post today about MOTU's DP10, I understand it would probably be easier to just use a Linux-native DAW, but thought I would ask anyway, just in case.

Haven't tried version 10, but version 9 kind of works. Kind of part, latency is huge. Need to adjust jack buffers to at least 4096 or even double that. Same problem also with ableton live. And sure, it crashed often, but I think that is what people complain about it in general.

So yeah, think again, use some linux native option. I personally use Bitwig, now their cheapest edition (99€ or something) has decent feature set, no those stupid limitations on track and plugin amounts.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM