focusrite scarlatte 4i4 output related question

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cutedrummerboy

focusrite scarlatte 4i4 output related question

Post by cutedrummerboy »

i have a scarlette 2i2 which is perfectly working on my fedora 37. now my question is about 4i4.

can anyone tell me that is it possible to bridge 4i4's all 4 output on hardware level or software level? actually i need same stereo signal from both 1-2 and 3-4.

another thing i want to know, can i set output 1-2 is automatic default for every time i turn on the pc?

my all questions are linux specific.

bluebell
Established Member

Re: focusrite scarlatte 4i4 output related question

Post by bluebell »

cutedrummerboy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:54 pm

i have a scarlette 2i2 which is perfectly working on my fedora 37. now my question is about 4i4.

can anyone tell me that is it possible to bridge 4i4's all 4 output on hardware level or software level? actually i need same stereo signal from both 1-2 and 3-4.

another thing i want to know, can i set output 1-2 is automatic default for every time i turn on the pc?

my all questions are linux specific.

Do you use jack? Then it's no problem. Just connect your applications to all of them (left channel to system:playback_1 and 3, right channel to system:playback_2 and 4).

There are many ways to automate it.

My way is having a "fixed point" (in stereo) where I connect all of my applications' outputs. I start "jack_thru main", connect all of my applications to this "main" and then connect "main" to system:playback. In your case I'd have to connect "main"'s left output to system:playback_1 and 3 and "main"'s right output to system:playback_2 and 4.

a.jpg
a.jpg (114.51 KiB) Viewed 956 times

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/