Himiko

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Himiko

Post by Rainmak3r »

Impostor wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Just bumping this to say (again) what a great track this is. You should put it bandcamp.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it so much!

Hopefully it will indeed be on Bandcamp soon, as it's part of what should be my next album: 8 out of 9 tracks are done (they just need tweaks) but there's one long epic I've been planning to do for a long time that I need to start from scratch, and it's one of those more complex things I mentioned in the EP topic... I really need to find the energy and mood for that endeavour! :lol:

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Rainmak3r wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:32 pm

Hopefully it will indeed be on Bandcamp soon, as it's part of what should be my next album: 8 out of 9 tracks are done (they just need tweaks) but there's one long epic I've been planning to do for a long time that I need to start from scratch, and it's one of those more complex things I mentioned in the EP topic... I really need to find the energy and mood for that endeavour! :lol:

And you said the past year was a slow year for you? I can't imagine how much music you make in a normal one then..

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Impostor wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:59 pm
Rainmak3r wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:32 pm

And you said the past year was a slow year for you? I can't imagine how much music you make in a normal one then..

hahaha well, to be fair, the 8 tracks ready already are tracks I've published in the past few years! The various Eurydice, Mary, Scheherazade, etc., so you probably heard them all already. Himiko itself was finished last year, I only uploaded it a few weeks ago. Even funnier, all 8 tracks were already ready when I published Rainmaker! So my lazyness really is on this last track I have to complete, which will be longer and more complex than the "Delusion's Master" track was (estimated 23/24 minutes track), which is why I'm always hesitant to start...

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Rainmak3r wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:03 pm

[(estimated 23/24 minutes track), which is why I'm always hesitant to start...

I can see that! Hard to pull off such a feat. My tracks are typically around 2.5 minutes:)

caprenter
Established Member

Post by caprenter »

Just wanted to add my praise for this as well. I love the drums at the end. I can really visualise people playing them as I listen. Very good.

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

caprenter wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:38 am

Just wanted to add my praise for this as well. I love the drums at the end. I can really visualise people playing them as I listen. Very good.

Thanks! Great merit goes to the author of the free Taiko drum library I used, which made it very fun to "play" them live with my keyboard :D

lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

As your other tracks this is outstanding! Sound perfect to me.

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

lilith wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:55 pm

As your other tracks this is outstanding! Sound perfect to me.

Thanks!