I don't believe alternate workflows could fit my needs but...

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

All in One Wish
Established Member

I don't believe alternate workflows could fit my needs but...

Post by All in One Wish »

The same way a guitar player might want a neck thickness, certain pickups and this and that to make the most perfectly suited instrument to their playing style I want to get my MIDI "musical instrument" off the ground. This instrument is for me the 1993's MIDI Event List with its original shortcuts (today deprecated) of 1993's version of Cakewalk Professional 3.0. and I am ready to pay, as of today, for the development of a modern version of that. If you are a developer please take a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=25373

I will post a video that will explain why this is important to me. Having said that, I went on the Developer section of the forum to offer cash to create (or jump start) the creation of a MIDI Event List plugin that will basically allow me to write MIDI data on any DAW, will keep the sequence in its own "memory", will move through the event list by reading the host's playhead to keep in synch and will allow writing to and reading from the existing MIDI tracks in the DAW.

Here is an example from youtube of drag and drop MIDI data exchange between a MIDI plugin and its host.

I figured some developers would suggest I should instead adapt my workflow to something else that already exist, but that will be such a distraction that I decided to open this separate thread for such suggestions and keep the other thread for discussing the actual feasibility of getting this MIDI plugin off the ground.

rncbc
Established Member

Re: I don't believe alternate workflows could fit my needs but...

Post by rncbc »

dirkk0
Established Member

Re: I don't believe alternate workflows could fit my needs but...

Post by dirkk0 »

Hi,

I have a two questions.
a) you present a possible solution for a problem that is important for you to be fixed. But you don't really explain the problem or at least it is not clear to me. What workflow would be ideal that cannot be be done right now in your DAW?
b) what DAW do you use?

Depending on the answers I could imagine a solution that is not inside the DAW at all, like a browser based midi editor for example. If the DAW supports pasting midi messages (I am on Logic and I am not sure if it can, didn't try it yet) then this might be a another solution domain. It's probably easier to find developers who know how to use Webmidi (like me) than JUCE, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Cheers Dirk