Looking for a 500€ replacement for my ZenGo SC audio interface.

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Suimin

Looking for a 500€ replacement for my ZenGo SC audio interface.

Post by Suimin »

I have a love-hate relationship with my ZenGo Synergy Core. On one hand it's the best audio interface I've ever had, on the other hand Antelope Audio's software hates working properly for more than a few weeks and there's no Linux compatibility. The thing is: I really, really hate dislike Windows. The only thing holding me back from completely leaving it behind is my audio interface, but I have trouble finding a good replacement for my ZGSC.
Main priorities are 2+ Hi-Z inputs, 2+ XLR/48V inputs, hardware controlled individual HP and monitor outs, and direct monitoring. Preferably support for live mixing (e.g., what RME or Antelope offer with their software). I know the RME Babyface is probably what I should be looking at as it has all that I want and more (as all its features can be used without software), but the price is out of my budget. My ZGSC was about 550€ new if I remember correctly, and I can't go beyond that at the moment, taking into consideration that I won't get that much from selling it.
I am a university student after all, and the 550€ already cost me blood, sweat and tears (and the money I began saving for my driver's license).
Another reason I am not willing to stay together with my ZGSC any longer is the fact that it stopped working again (or rather the software, the device itself works fine) and I have neither time nor nerve to fix it (again), as uni is stressing me out currently and I can't even listen to music, as my audio interface also functions as my one and only 'audiophile' DAC I plug my 1770 Pros into.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions you people might have.
Have a nice weekend!

miuzik
Established Member

Re: Looking for a 500€ replacement for my ZenGo SC audio interface.

Post by miuzik »

Motu M4 or M6