Muting Open Hihat Using Hihat Pedal, Tchackpoum kit, Drumgizmo

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

RyanH
Established Member

Muting Open Hihat Using Hihat Pedal, Tchackpoum kit, Drumgizmo

Post by RyanH »

Hi all,

I have been fiddling around with Drumgizmo. Previously I mainly used the DRS and Crocell kits, which are great. Now I'm experimenting with the Tchackpoum kit, which is not one of the ones available on the Drumgizmo website. This one sounds good, too, except for one thing: after playing an open hihat, stomping the pedal doesn't mute it. I do hear the closed-hat click, as I should, but at the same time, I can still hear the open hat doing its thang.

Looking at the midimap of the Crocell kit, I see an entry for "HihatClosedNoPedal" assigned to note 78. Tchackpoum has an entry for "hihat_mute," to which I tried assigning note 78, thinking maybe these are midimap entries that control the muting of the open hat. But no luck.

In my Alesis Nitro mesh kit, which is what I'm using to trigger Drumgizmo, there doesn't seem to be a midi note assigned to muting the hat - only pedal, closed, semi-open, and open.

Does anyone know how I might tweak the Tchackpoum kit to mute an open hat when I play the pedal, as happens with Crocell and DRS kits?

tseaver
Established Member

Re: Muting Open Hihat Using Hihat Pedal, Tchackpoum kit, Drumgizmo

Post by tseaver »

This post from the DG support forum suggests that all chokes were broken with version 0.9.19 of DrumGizmo: the bug is supposed to be fixed in 0.9.20.

HTH,

Tres.

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
RyanH
Established Member

Post by RyanH »

Oh great, thanks! I do indeed have version 0.9.19. Interestingly, the hihat does seem to work properly with the Crocell kit. Maybe Crocell and Tchackpoum kits have the hats implemented differently.

RyanH
Established Member

Post by RyanH »

I tried installing version 0.9.20, and it seems to only partially restore the choking function of the open hihat on the Tchackpoum kit. With the Crocell kit, the hat chokes actually seemed fine on version 0.9.19, but a bit broken on version .20. Interesting.

I posted a longer version of my observations on the Drumgizmo support forum.