GeekosDaw broke my sound ?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Gps
Established Member

Re: GeekosDaw broke my sound ?

Post by Gps »

DOCP :P

While Intel developed XMP, DOCP was developed by AMD. I had to google on how to spell it, but remembered somebody on a dutch forum telling me to set DOCP.
So he was right and wrong at the same time. :lol:

So we now know, my Asrock mobo uses intel chips, for the memory control.

For other people:

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/what ... -enable-it

What is XMP/DOCP?

XMP stands for Extreme Memory Profile. XMP essentially allows you to change memory latency and speed from the standard 2133MHz to the advertised speed and latency.

XMP is disabled by default for compatibility reasons. Manufacturers have agreed to a minimum standard for memory performance (2133Mhz), which all RAM modules meet by default. This prevents POST issues with incompatible RAMs or too aggressive overclocks (advertised speeds).

While Intel developed XMP, DOCP was developed by AMD.

I could start a rant about my memory not working right with this default....... Thank you Asrock or thank you Gskill ?

Lets hope this will help other people too, and safe them a lot of frustration and searching.

DOCP stands for Direct Overclocking Profile.

So depending on your mobo you will find XMP or DOCP, even if you are not really overclocking.

Death
Established Member

Re: GeekosDaw broke my sound ?

Post by Death »

Ah yeh that's it.. I should know because I've done it enough times :lol:

By the way, if you ever set the D.O.C.P/XMP and find the RAM is unstable you can just try manually clocking the speed (MHz) down one notch at a time until it's stable. I've had to do this before & it's a totally safe thing to try!; Much safer than messing with voltages.. Sometimes the issue is with the memory controller built into the CPU, sometimes it's the motherboard & sometimes it's the RAM itself. I've used the same trick with graphics cards that come overclocked out of the box; Sometimes the factory settings are not quite stable and knocking them down as little as 5MHz does the trick :wink: