guitarix.vst

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: guitarix.vst

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 pm

So the Ardour devs have updated there build tool chain, that means, guitarix.vst works now nicely in Ardour 7.3
binary build for guitarix.vst:
https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix.v ... x.vst3.zip

Not on Arch. I've installed the binaries and still doesn't show in Ardour. It has always worked in Reaper though.

Code: Select all

VST3 module-path '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so'
[Info]: Scanning: /usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3
[ERROR]: Could not load VST3 plugin '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so': liblrdf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Cannot load VST3 module: '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so'
Scan Failed.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Seems arch didn't provide liblrdf.so.0
https://archlinux.org/packages/communit ... rdf/files/
that means you need to build guitarix.vst yourself, or use the pkgbuild provided by @gimmeapill
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/guitarix.vst-git

On the road again.
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

tramp wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:48 pm

Seems arch didn't provide liblrdf.so.0
https://archlinux.org/packages/communit ... rdf/files/
that means you need to build guitarix.vst yourself, or use the pkgbuild provided by @gimmeapill
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/guitarix.vst-git

Yep, that liblrdf.so.0 miss hit again and as you said a self build works fine, I'll mention for people not willing to dare a build that your bin zip will work in Arch if adding a symlink fot the missink link:

cd /usr/lib && ln -s liblrdf.so liblrdf.so.0 

But of course that'd be a possible open bar for future bugs especially for people not daring a build ;)

There are still some trouble, as mentioned above some presets crash; other than that (in Ardour) the first adding of the plugin takes a looong time, some presets as well and I had a total freeze when trying to change a preset while playing a loop.
I haven't had any time free to test all that again and try to keep notes though and not sure I'll have much time soon :( anyway just in case that'd tilt a light in your knowledge there you are ;)

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Loki Harfagr wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:41 am

There are still some trouble, as mentioned above some presets crash; other than that (in Ardour) the first adding of the plugin takes a looong time, some presets as well and I had a total freeze when trying to change a preset while playing a loop.

I just found out that the issue at hand is when you've enabled the stereo input mode. Therefore I've just implemented a fix to avoid any delay, crash or freeze.

(LV2) plugin loading may take some time on the first load, as we need to scan the plugs before load them into the list. That is not other than with other hosts. Some may scan on startup, some on denied.

On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:14 pm

So the Ardour devs have updated there build tool chain, that means, guitarix.vst works now nicely in Ardour 7.3

Not on Arch. I've installed the binaries and still doesn't show in Ardour. It has always worked in Reaper though.

VST3 module-path '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so'
[ERROR]: Could not load VST3 plugin '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so': liblrdf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Cannot load VST3 module: '/usr/lib/vst3/Guitarix.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Guitarix.so'
Scan Failed.

After I think about it a bit, I come to the conclusion that I better remove the dependency on librdf, as the vst version didn't support LADSPA plugin loading anyway. Still, when loaded a LADSPA plugin within the guitarix standalone version, you could use it in the vst version as well, but you cant load a new LADSPA plug into the vst version (only LV2 is supported). So, I could remove the dependency on librdf for the vst version at all, and have done. Latest revision build binary should now work on ARCH as well. :)

Thanks for forwarding the issue to me, @funkmuscle

On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:45 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:14 pm

Scan Failed.

After I think about it a bit, I come to the conclusion that I better remove the dependency on librdf, as the vst version didn't support LADSPA plugin loading anyway. Still, when loaded a LADSPA plugin within the guitarix standalone version, you could use it in the vst version as well, but you cant load a new LADSPA plug into the vst version (only LV2 is supported). So, I could remove the dependency on librdf for the vst version at all, and have done. Latest revision build binary should now work on ARCH as well. :)

Thanks for forwarding the issue to me, @funkmuscle

Well buddy what started as an idea between you and I has evolved into something that all I can do now is report anything that I find out working on my distro of choice. You and your team has done such an excellent job with this app. Keep on doing it man.

a.d.
Established Member

Post by a.d. »

Just tried the latest zip file and all's well on Arch and Reaper. I can confirm the @gimmeapill AUR works as well.

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

a.d. wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:41 am

Just tried the latest zip file and all's well on Arch and Reaper. I can confirm the @gimmeapill AUR works as well.

100%. Confirmed!

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Nice to hear it works :)

I've also some news, I've now replaced the old factory presets with a new bank I received from musiclab.
Very nice presets to cover multiple genres.
So I've implemented to allow to load them in the vst version as well.

On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:30 pm

Nice to hear it works :)

I've also some news, I've now replaced the old factory presets with a new bank I received from musiclab.
Very nice presets to cover multiple genres.
So I've implemented to allow to load them in the vst version as well.

Dude, will you be needing with all the AI stuff like guitarML? It seems to be the next big thing ever since the Kemper.

I remember a while back I started a thread here about using AI to come up with some kind of software like Jammin where the software will analyze the mix and master it for you and then a few years later, I think isotope has ozone or something like that doing it.

I'm only mentioning it because I just don't want the Linux community of musicians to be left behind and have people jump in ship going back to those two commercial platforms.

As you know I know nothing about programming or the ins and out of how you get this incredible amplifier simulation going That's why I'm not requesting the AI part but just inquiring.

a.d.
Established Member

Post by a.d. »

I'll echo the sentiment that Guitarix needs a way to donate funds ;)

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

a.d. wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:01 pm

I'll echo the sentiment that Guitarix needs a way to donate funds ;)

Okay, I understand.
So I've setup a librapay and a paypal account and enabled the donation buttons on the github project pages.
Many thanks before hand for any donation I'll receive.

On the road again.
tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

@tramp

So I've setup a librapay and a paypal account and enabled the donation buttons on the github project pages.
Many thanks before hand for any donation I'll receive.

I've just sent a donation your way -- thank you for the work you do to support making music on Linux!

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Many thanks @tseaver and to all the others who have already donated.
That is very much appreciated and makes me very happy. :D

On the road again.
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Just sent. Thank you so much for bringing Guitarix into the audio host/plugin world!!