Pipewire system room correction plugin

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

martibs
Established Member

Re: Pipewire system room correction plugin

Post by martibs »

Is there any way to make REW run on Jack? I would like to make some measurements with EQ plugins running.

sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

martibs wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:32 pm

Is there any way to make REW run on Jack? I would like to make some measurements with EQ plugins running.

I haven't run REW for a while but recall I wasn't able to get it to work via JACK. Would like to be proved wrong though. It should be possible via PA>JACK bridge at least.
One could run pink noise from an external source and analyse it with REW's spectrum analyser. That would require a way to directly send the audio to the speakers rather than via the computer. You can download a pink noise sample from Bob Katz' website - https://www.digido.com/downloads/ (requires registration) in the "General" section.

LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Just a little update that could be of @sunrat's interest .

In a chat with falkTX some days ago, I discovered there is a way to use a plugin with carla-single and save the plugin state by sending a SIGUSR1 signal, carla-single will save a carxs file in the current directory.

Here's is an example setup with RaySession, launching Cardinal lv2 with carla-single, and have it saved in the session subdirectory:

Attachments
2023-02-01_10.01.27.057.png
2023-02-01_10.01.27.057.png (166.13 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

LAM wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:03 am

Just a little update that could be of @sunrat's interest .

In a chat with falkTX some days ago, I discovered there is a way to use a plugin with carla-single and save the plugin state by sending a SIGUSR1 signal, carla-single will save a carxs file in the current directory.

Here's is an example setup with RaySession, launching Cardinal lv2 with carla-single, and have it saved in the session subdirectory:

Thanks @LAM . carla-single is nice, I used to use it (with EQ10Q IIRC) but now use the standalone JACK LSP PEQ16 which can save and load its own config file.

Like your sig btw. One of my pet hates is mixers who mix with their eyes. Heard some shocking live mixes that appear good on the screen.

lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

sunrat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 pm
martibs wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:32 pm

I haven't run REW for a while but recall I wasn't able to get it to work via JACK. Would like to be proved wrong though. It should be possible via PA>JACK bridge at least.
One could run pink noise from an external source and analyse it with REW's spectrum analyser. That would require a way to directly send the audio to the speakers rather than via the computer. You can download a pink noise sample from Bob Katz' website - https://www.digido.com/downloads/ (requires registration) in the "General" section.

Once I got it running, but it was a hassle.
One can do the test with e..g. Reaper.

sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

sadko4u wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:48 am

One good idea has visited me about standalone versions of plugins, so I have added the feature request to the github:

https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/issues/281

I notice you have implemented this in v1.2.5 . Not tried yet but thank you (once again 8) :wink: ).

Copied here for easier knowledge sharing:

In some cases, when the standalone version of LSP plugin connects to JACK, it is very useful to estimate connection between it's input and output ports and other JACK applications.

The connections should be specified via the command-line option in such manner:

<plugin-name> -x <input-port>=<output-port>

Where one or both of the ports is an LSP plugin port and the second port identifies the port of another JACK client.

sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

sunrat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:05 am

I notice you have implemented this in v1.2.5 . Not tried yet but thank you (once again 8) :wink: ).

Yes, here's the example:

Code: Select all

-x system:capture_1=in_l,system:capture_2=in_r,out_l=system:playback_1,out_r=system:playback_2

You also may specify multiple '-x' options.

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.