Howto use toggle mode of nanoKONTROL with cardinal rack

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

DisasterArea
Established Member

Howto use toggle mode of nanoKONTROL with cardinal rack

Post by DisasterArea »

Hello LinuxMusicians,
I am playing a bit with my KORG nanoKONTROL and am able to use it with cardinal modular synth rack. Within cardinal, there are modules that have a button that behaves like a on/off switch that's also visualizes its state.
With Cardinal Host MIDI CC Map modul I'm able to map buttons of the nanoKONTROL to this buttons in cardinal.

But: The led's at the nanoKONTROL behave not like an on/off state. That's factory default. But with Korg Kontrol Editor one can change this behavior. You just have to tell the button, that its behavior is "toggle". So if you do, the button led in the nanoKONTROL changes its state each time you press this button.

Problem is, that the button in this case just sends a Value of 127 when you switch it on and a value of 0, when going to off state. But with this behavior the buttons in cardinal need two button presses to switch their state.
Any idea how to have the buttons on nanoKONTROL behave the same as the cardinal modul buttons?

Regards

Frank.

Ubuntu Studio 22.04, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, NI Komplete Audio 6, Acoustic and E-Guitar, E-Bass, Modular Synth (Cardinal) KORG Nano Control Studio, Novation Launchkey 25