Moving to monitors...

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

OccinticLady
Established Member

Moving to monitors...

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
So, things have kinda evolved and are getting pretty serious. To the point that the mic input no longer gives the quality I need (have an audio interface for that, by now) and I need decent speakers...read: monitors.
I stream regularly by now. So, the output goes to the streaming laptop instead of the speakers when I stream.
What should (and will need to) happen is that I use an audio interface. Mine has two 6mm jacks that should go to the monitors...
By then, the laptop in-outs via USB....
So...how would I go about streaming, then?
Thanks
Melissa

Big edit : (someone told me that I have no clue on how to ask a question) :wink:
Okay, situation now : I use the mic input of the laptop to grab input from the mixer. Result : noise in the background...
I use computer speakers as output. Still...they're pretty good...
To stream, I unplug the speakers and connect the output of the synth laptop to a separate streaming laptop.
The streaming laptop has the webcams as well, they may need to be replaced in the future...
What I play, then, does not go to the speakers, but to the streaming laptop and to the streaming software (OBS) and...to youtube...
I will need to put an audio interface between the laptop and the mixer for better quality.
I can connect the monitors to that interface.
The audio interface will grab the output from the mixer via XLR.
So...how, in the new setup, do I get audio to the streaming laptop?
Thanks

OccinticLady
Established Member

Re: Moving to monitors...

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
I'd go simple...use a 6 mm splitter before going to the monitors. The one path goes to the monitor, the other one to the laptop...
"No problems, only solutions" (Flynn, Tron)
:wink: