Kontakt 7 Full - black screen issue

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Kontakt 7 Full - black screen issue

Post by Linux_Voivod »

Hi there,

Maybe some of you can help me out. I installed Kontakt 7 and get a black screen in Reaper, running yabridge 4.02, wine 6.03, wine-staging 7.20.

On NI's website it says:
KONTAKT 7 requires a graphics card that supports Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) rendering or above. If your graphics card does not support this requirement, KONTAKT will open with a black window and will not function.

How to do that Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) thing? (assuming that this will solve the black screen issue)

Linux Ubuntu 22.04. Yabridge, Kontakt, Metal

tseaver
Established Member

Re: Kontakt 7 Full - black screen issue

Post by tseaver »

@Linux_Voivod

How to do that Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) thing?

Maybe DVXK is what you need?

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Post by Linux_Voivod »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not yet working, but running the setup gives me this: please install wine-development as wine-stable does not currently support DXVK.
I'll get to that first

Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Post by Linux_Voivod »

The installation of dxvk leads to yabridge-host.exe errors making reaper crash when I want to start Kontakt 7 or EZ drummer 3

tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

@Linux_Voivod

The installation of dxvk leads to yabridge-host.exe errors making reaper crash when I want to start Kontakt 7 or EZ drummer 3

Ugh, sorry about that! I don't use it myself, but just found it while googling around for 'linux "Direct 3D 11.1"'.

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
luciorgomes
Established Member

Post by luciorgomes »

This guy made it work.
On a question he said: "I use wine. I install add-ons and extensions through playonlinux and winetricks. There are sometimes problems with graphics, especially in new versions of programs." ("add-ons and extensions" ?).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-sNpJ ... ex=2&t=10s

GoaSkin
Established Member

Post by GoaSkin »

To fix the black screen issue, run winetricks, and play around with the renderer and shader backend settings there! I had to set GL and GLSL, but the right settings depend on your video card and the used video driver.

On my system, Kontakt opens now but there are still a few minor UI bugs. Some fonts appear over-anti-aliased and in the settings dialog, the mouse cursor does not match the position where you click.

Furthermore, no libraries appear. A common problems which many users have with Kontakt 7 and Massive X. A part of the users see the libraries and the presets but possibly nobody knows why.

Linux_Voivod
Established Member

Post by Linux_Voivod »

GoaSkin wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:08 am

To fix the black screen issue, run winetricks, and play around with the renderer and shader backend settings there! I had to set GL and GLSL, but the right settings depend on your video card and the used video driver.

On my system, Kontakt opens now but there are still a few minor UI bugs. Some fonts appear over-anti-aliased and in the settings dialog, the mouse cursor does not match the position where you click.

Furthermore, no libraries appear. A common problems which many users have with Kontakt 7 and Massive X. A part of the users see the libraries and the presets but possibly nobody knows why.

Thanks, since I do keep having a black screen. I tried many combinations, here is the last line I always get:
/src/intel/isl/isl.c:2220: FINISHME: ../src/intel/isl/isl.c:isl_surf_supports_ccs: CCS for 3D textures is disabled, but a workaround is available.

This is the glxinfo of my mesa drivers, for what it's worth:
glxinfo | grep Mesa
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
Device: Mesa Intel(R) Xe Graphics (TGL GT2) (0x9a49)
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa Intel(R) Xe Graphics (TGL GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.0.5
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.0.5
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 22.0.5

Any idea?

luciorgomes
Established Member

Post by luciorgomes »

luciorgomes wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:25 pm

This guy made it work.
On a question he said: "I use wine. I install add-ons and extensions through playonlinux and winetricks. There are sometimes problems with graphics, especially in new versions of programs." ("add-ons and extensions" ?).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-sNpJ ... ex=2&t=10s

He uses Playonlinux... :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4X9AWA ... CO&index=1