Hello! Happy to have found this forum

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mcgov

Hello! Happy to have found this forum

Post by mcgov »

Hey all!

I'm a developer who works on Azure+Linux and also a longtime bedroom producer. I recently made the switch from Windows+Ableton to Linux+(Bitwig|Ardour) for music production. I had been locked into Windows because of work but a recent team change means I can finally uncouple from that world for both work and life (wooo!)

I've been using yabridge to bridge the important old plugins from Windows and I'm super impressed with the performance of bridged plugins while using JACK. Also just JACK in general. Realizing I got lower latency and better performance with the FOSS digi003 driver and JACK than I ever would with the windows driver was mind blowing. I hate paying for proprietary trash, especially when it comes with a vendor lock-in. I really hate the idea of constantly discarding hardware because the manufacturer decided it's time for you to buy another one.

I'm excited to learn more about plugins and production and hope to contribute to the community where I can! I'm still learning about the Linux audio world despite being a user for a long time. I'm hoping to develop a plugin at some point and will be releasing my first built-on-linux tracks pretty soon.

-mcgov

Basslint
Established Member

Re: Hello! Happy to have found this forum

Post by Basslint »

Hey @mcgov, glad to have someone willing to develop plugins. Welcome :D

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Hello! Happy to have found this forum

Post by Michael Willis »

Hey @mcgov! It's nice to meet you.

What sort of plugins are you interested in developing?