nakst's Audio Plugins

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

khz
Established Member

nakst's Audio Plugins

Post by khz »

Browse our range of audio plugins, available for CLAP hosts and FL Studio.: https://nakst.gitlab.io/audio/.
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
tseaver
Established Member

Re: nakst's Audio Plugins

Post by tseaver »

@khz
available for CLAP hosts and FL Studio.
Is there a native Linux host for instruments with the CLAP?
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Bitwig
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

tseaver wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:06 am @khz
available for CLAP hosts and FL Studio.
Is there a native Linux host for instruments with the CLAP?
Among the FOSS ones:
Qtractor (however I was not able to get sound from those plugins, but Odin2 CLAP worked for ex.), Zrythm and soon Carla

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

@tseaver I did not know any, but thanks to the forum I now know two. :D
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

Reaper is working on CLAP support as well, it's in their dev builds.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

artix_linux_user wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:26 pm So Qtractor does not have any problems with clap plugins as far as I think I can say.
I wonder why Carla has no clap support yet.
The jfsx reaper plugin standard is supported by Carla and not by Qtractor.
Maybe the developer of Qtracor has to talk to the developer of Carla and maybe both can exchange their best recipes for a tasty apple pie.
If you give a look at the latest commits you can see it by yourself. :D

https://github.com/falkTX/Carla/commits/main

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

the problem with these nakst's CLAP plugins is that they announce themselves as NOT supporting standard MIDI notes input; instead they only seem to support the own CLAP note events instead.

tell that to the nakst's plugin devs please; problem is in their CLAP implementation (they should support MIDI after all, why don't they? go figure)
cheers

ps. you may check on this problem by just looking into qtractor's plugin listing before you select it: the MIDI I/O column tells you the plain truth: 0:0 (zero MIDI inputs, zero MIDI outs).
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Post by robbert-vdh »

rncbc wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:30 pm tell that to the nakst's plugin devs please; problem is in their CLAP implementation (they should support MIDI after all, why don't they? go figure)
cheers
CLAP hosts should support the standard and preferred CLAP note events. CLAP also supports MIDI, MIDI SysEx, and MIDI2, but that's more for compatibility purposes since note all MIDI features map to CLAP events (and that way you can port existing plugins that expect MIDI without rewriting the event handling). My own plugins also only do CLAP note events unless the plugin requires full MIDI CC support, only then they'll announce full MIDI support.

EDIT: Qtractor 0.9.29 seems to send CLAP note events as expected, but only if the plugin also supports MIDI. That's probably a bug.
rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

robbert-vdh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:53 pm Qtractor 0.9.29 seems to send CLAP note events as expected, but only if the plugin also supports MIDI. That's probably a bug.
yes, but does the nakst's present it with clap_note_port_info.supported_dialects & CLAP_NOTE_DIALECT_MIDI ? i guess not, so I stand correct: not a bug in qtractor at least I'd say.
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Post by robbert-vdh »

rncbc wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:30 pm
robbert-vdh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:53 pm Qtractor 0.9.29 seems to send CLAP note events as expected, but only if the plugin also supports MIDI. That's probably a bug.
yes, but does the nakst's present it with clap_note_port_info.supported_dialects & CLAP_NOTE_DIALECT_MIDI ? i guess not, so I stand correct: not a bug in qtractor at least I'd say.
No, but why would the plugin need to support MIDI if the host sends it note events in the CLAP format? That doesn't make any sense.
rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

robbert-vdh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:34 pm
rncbc wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:30 pm
No, but why would the plugin need to support MIDI if the host sends it note events in the CLAP format? That doesn't make any sense.
because you're trying to use a plugin into a MIDI host, duh? :) qtractor doesn't "open" any MIDI ports for plugins that don't support the said "dialect", although, in the CLAP case, it translates MIDI Note-ON and -Off messages into corresponding CLAP note events into the plugin, and that's probably its original sin.

UPDATE: qtractor >= 0.9.29.2git.e51f53 does fix the MIDI issue for the nakst's CLAP plugins. cheers