DrumGizmo 0.9.20 Released!

DrumGizmo development and support forum.
http://drumgizmo.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, Glocke, deva

folderol
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo 0.9.20 Released!

Post by folderol »

Why does drumgizmo (apparently) not support a GUI when running standalone?

The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

While we’re at it, has development halted? I’m seen very little progress since Covid. I have been unable to use the program because of the lack of hidpi support for linux. I’m just curious… 🙂

Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

Audiojunkie wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:25 pm

While we’re at it, has development halted? I’m seen very little progress since Covid. I have been unable to use the program because of the lack of hidpi support for linux. I’m just curious… 🙂

The bigger the cushion the longer the waitin', though you may like to hope for next release for HiDPI ;)
https://drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id= ... es_roadmap

deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

It is true that development has been slowed down tremendously, but the project is not dead.
It was driven a lot by the community meetups through the likes of the linux audio conference and the sonoj convention, but Covid put a hard stop to that and it hasn't really picked up again since.

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:14 pm

It is true that development has been slowed down tremendously, but the project is not dead.
It was driven a lot by the community meetups through the likes of the linux audio conference and the sonoj convention, but Covid put a hard stop to that and it hasn't really picked up again since.

So where does that leave the project? Any thoughts and plans to continue on since the meetups seem like it's not going to happen anymore?

This is one of my favorite plugins because it really helped me prep myself for actually working with a real drummer from a mixing point of view.

I don't think there's a plug in like it anywhere else. Every other drum plugin out there say we just cleaned it up a bit but to me I wanted something raw so I could learn and this is the perfect plugin for learning how to make drums from scratch. The fact I just finished mixing a song and old one where I used your plugin.

So not only is it useful like superior drums and all those kind of things but it has something that none of the other ones have which is the ability to be used as a training tool.