A new system for live-coding and constructing musical knowledge-based expert systems from HERCs Music Systems

SuperCollider, Pure Data, ChucK, CSound, Nyquist, Overtone, TidalCycles, Bipscript, oh my

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

architect@HERCs
Established Member

A new system for live-coding and constructing musical knowledge-based expert systems from HERCs Music Systems

Post by architect@HERCs »

Dear All,

I have just constructed a new instrument, which is equipped with Prolog-based computer language for live coding and building knowledge-based expert systems, mostly targeting musical knowledge. It is also a regular synthesiser.
Now I am looking for early adopters.
Not a big crowd, just couple of synthesiser's passionates.
Of course, you may need to get exposed to Prolog.
However, if you are a proficient C++ programmer, I may wish to solicit your collaboration.
Information is provided at http://www.hercsmusicsystems.com.au

With kind regards,

Robert
Basslint
Established Member

Re: A new system for live-coding and constructing musical knowledge-based expert systems from HERCs Music Systems

Post by Basslint »

Hello Robert,

thanks for sharing this and for trying to advance this wonderful field. I would be interested to try it (Prolog is very cool!) but if I understood it correctly, it's a proprietary system. I understand you want to sell licenses someday but I personally think that computer musicians should have full control of their instruments, just like instrumentalists do and as such, I personally use only free and open source software (which can also be commercial!). Anyways, I wish you the best for your endeavor :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
stanlea
Established Member

Re: A new system for live-coding and constructing musical knowledge-based expert systems from HERCs Music Systems

Post by stanlea »

Great news from Hercs Music, I'm a great fan of Abakos and some other stuff you did for the KVR challenge. But I'm sorry I can't help because I quit programming some years ago and I don't know Prolog. Good luck with Von Forman ! And event if it's not open source, it is always good to have new stuff coming on Linux. I'll give a try.
architect@HERCs
Established Member

Post by architect@HERCs »

The code license is MIT and I plan to have it open source.
At this moment I do not wish to share the code with people who do not know C++.
For anyone who wish to become and Early Adopter and knows C++ the source is open.
But yes, essentially I will do the right thing.

Sorry for miscommunication....

Robert
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

Direct GitHub account link https://github.com/HERCsMusicSystems as there appears to be no such existing hyperlink on the website yet

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh