Studio 1337 3.3 for free!

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Re: Studio 1337 3.3 for free!

Post by tramp »

TAERSH wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:25 am
But you two guys just reading the name "Studio 1337" in the topics title and more or less immediately running amok.
I see only one person running amok here. :arrow:
TAERSH wrote:
Anyone totally agreeing with that marked up part of the quote should think twice about that.
I'm not saying violating the GPL should be the way, though in that part of license that forces each and everyone to provide the source code (all source codes) of a Distro being published, the GPL SUCKS!
Well, there is a reason why developers chose the GPL for there work, and I guess, you are not the one who have the right to put that in question, or dismiss it. There are several less restrict licenses out there, which could be used when wish by the developer. For example the BSD 0 license allow you to redistribute even only in binary form. I've done some projects with this license chosen.
For example this one: https://github.com/brummer10/libxputty
TAERSH wrote:
A single person, a hobbyist in development without a team and/or supporters in background simply doesn't have capacities to fulfill the GPL on that point. Ubuntu e.g. does have such capacities and therefor should be forced to do so. But -repeating: a single person can't afford such- even not when trying to make some money out of it. This should be simple enough and easy to understand. If not, one seems really NOT to be very smart. :idea:
Are you ever heard from github or gitlab? You could upload sourcecode there and share it with the world. Even, when you are just a single person. :lol:
TAERSH wrote:
Except: doing a video, explaining why I removed Guitarix from my OS and stopped developing for GNU/Linux. Btw, have a real guitar and guitar amp, so there wasn't ever a need for Guitarix in my OS.
Oh, nice. I love to see vids about guitarix, regardless if they pray or dismiss it. It's always good for a developer to hear the users opinions.
TAERSH wrote:
And this is the reason why I decided to not to return to this forum anymore after finishing this post.
Dann mach's ma gut wa.
On the road again.

milo
Established Member

Re: Studio 1337 3.3 for free!

Post by milo »

I love the GPL, and I hate to see people violating it. It really isn't about "free as in beer." It's actually about "Free as in speech." The whole point of using the GPL is to make sure that your creation is free and that it will always be free. No, it isn't the only tool for this, and it is not a perfect tool for this, but it is an important one and we should defend it when it is under attack.

Where would we be without the GPL? How much of the software we use every day simply wouldn't exist without the Free Software Foundation, the GNU project, and all of the downstream development including the Linux kernel itself?

I have a whole lot of respect for the developers who have used GPL over the years (including many on this forum). Thank you, not only for making awesome audio tools that I love to use, but for valuing Freedom.