Could you post the output of
Code: Select all
pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index'
Unless I'm reading your post incorrectly it seems that the hardware works when you choose the correct output so I would guess that pulseaudio is set to use the wrong output - see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pu ... put_source
This would make sense because if you're getting no errors from pulseaudio then it it would suggest that there isn't a problem with it running as such.
Did you check in alsamixer to see if anything is muted? I scanned the posts but didn't see any mention of it but sorry if you already have.
Yes, I checked alsamixer
But everything was on. I even cracked all volumes up to the max. To no avail.
Good reasoning about PulseAudio
not issuing errors! So:
Code: Select all
$ pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index'
* index: 0
As suggested in the Arch Wiki
, I tried to “set-default-sink”. That's much better thanks!
I did my tests on VLC
again and here are the new results:
1. if I configure it so that the “Audio Preference Output Module” is “PulseAudio audio output”, VLC proposes me two “Audio Devices”
1.a. with “Loopback Analog Stereo” I still get no sound
1.b. with “Built-in Audio Analog Stereo” I get sound … That's new, great!
2. if I configure it so that the “Audio Preference Output Module” is “ALSA”, VLC proposes me many “Audio Devices”
2.a. with the “Playback/Recording through PulseAudio server” (which it selects by default) I get sound … That's new, great!
2.b. with “HDA Intel ALC889 Analog Default Audio Device” and most of the others (except Loopbacks) I get sound
works fine with both “alsa” and “pulse” “Audio Output Driver” but don't with the more specific “pulse (0 - < alsa_output.platform-snd_aloop.0.analog-stereo>)” and “pulse (1 - <alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog.stereo>)”. This very last result is quite strange as we just determined it is the correct sink. But in a way, whatever…
I'll now try and test what happens when JACK
comes back in the equation.