a short question about .nki

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Re: a short question about .nki

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

Dave Healey got most of it. Load up the NKI file in the full version of Kontakt (not the free player version that runs for only 15 minutes at a time). Go to the File menu, and select Batch Resave. In the file dialog that comes up, the radio button should already be selected to save both the samples and the NKI file. But if it isn't, select it. There's a checkbox next to it that says "Compress samples". Make sure this is not checked. Now do the save, and Kontakt will write out a folder filled with all the waveforms in standard WAVE file format. There's no easy way to retrieve the mapping info from the NKI, so you'll just have to figure out by ear (and maybe the filenames) how the waves need to be setup to recreate the original patch.

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

Natelok
Established Member

Re: a short question about .nki

Post by Natelok »

j_e_f_f_g wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:51 am

Dave Healey got most of it.

Yeah, sure, but what about banjo samples? I once looked at a banjo and now I'm O-fended! Because you exclude banjo like the elitist you clearly are, judging by the use of underscores in your username and the fact that YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BANJO SAMPLES!

And anyway, everyone knows that proprietary encoded libraries just need a text editor and a banjo to unlock...

Ha! Outmsarted by the guitarist guy! How's it feel to be on the bottom again, Jeff? How does it feeeeeeeel.

:lol: :lol: That old thread was a crack up, btw. Thanks man, I needed a laugh tonight.

Nate!

Music Nerd, Guitarist, Fixer of Things, DJ, currently employed by Donnybrook Balingup Community Radio (Station Manager & Drive Time DJ, Recording Engineer for a small attached studio for local artists)

DAW: Mixbus at home, Mixbus32C at work