Problems with POD Studio UX2

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Zilveztre

Problems with POD Studio UX2

Post by Zilveztre »

HI guys, my problem is just right on the title... I recently switched to Ubuntu Studio 12.04 and tried to install my UX2 soI could make some plaing and recording... not so much for my surprise, it didn't work... tried on some toneport drivers on the net and got audio on only one channel of my headphones, but the UX2 worked on getting signal from the input. The problems was that I couldn't get to work my UX2 with Qjackctl... just didn't understand the system on making that work.

Anyway... just a few minutes ago I tried downloading the usb drivers for windows and installing then with wine... but that caused that my UX2 now doesn't even start with Ubuntu... :?

I'd apreciate a lot any help!!

BTW... nice forum! :)
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Problems with POD Studio UX2

Post by dednikko »

I'm not sure how familiar oyou are with Linux, so I'll treat you as though you're new. Feel free to correct me.

It looks like this should work in theory, but I'd recommend you use a more hardware friendly Linux distro.

Please look into getting KXStudio or Dreamstudio. Both of them have newer drivers and patches built in that should smooth things along.

Furthermore, when you open Qjackctl, click the button that says "Setup". This will open a new child window that will have a load more settings. Click the ">" symbol to see the hardware names for your available soundcards. Select the item that you think describes your USB audio interface. Then try to start Qjackctl.

That worked for me. If thi doesn't work in UbuntuStudio 12.04, try KXStudio or DreamStudio and update to the latest "kernel" available.

Let us know how it goe, and good luck!. :D
Think like a gun.
skavar
Established Member

Re: Problems with POD Studio UX2

Post by skavar »

Unfortunately you cannot install windows usb drivers in wine and expect them to work in linux (nice try though) as wine does not talk directly with the underlying kernel.

I would be inclined to uninstall them in wine.

there is a line6 linux project here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/line6linux/

you can probably get support there.