Rosegarden working with Zynaddsubfx

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

studio32

Rosegarden working with Zynaddsubfx

Post by studio32 »

Howto use Rosegarden with the synth Zynaddsubfx

http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutor ... n/zyn.html
Tim
Established Member

Post by Tim »

Very nice, I read this, the only thing I still don't get is how to control the parameters of Zynaddsubfx with my UC-33e.

It must be possible no? I'm using jack and patchage but it still doesn't work so far. Does anybody know how to do this? I know Rosegarden doesn't store the automation, but at least I can bounce it to Ardour than.
I'm not the biggest world wonder, but have seen it
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Tim wrote:Very nice, I read this, the only thing I still don't get is how to control the parameters of Zynaddsubfx with my UC-33e.

It must be possible no? I'm using jack and patchage but it still doesn't work so far. Does anybody know how to do this? I know Rosegarden doesn't store the automation, but at least I can bounce it to Ardour than.
UC-33e: http://www.zzounds.com/item--EVOUC33E ... ok nice ;)

I don't have experience with midi hardware sorry...
Tim
Established Member

Post by Tim »

That's a shame :-( Anyways if somebody can help me out on how to control midi data with my midi controller I'd be delighted. I googled and googled but so far nothing that really indicates a dumb #ss like me in the right direction.

Have to read the Rosegarden manual tomorrow..
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Tim wrote:That's a shame :-( Anyways if somebody can help me out on how to control midi data with my midi controller I'd be delighted. I googled and googled but so far nothing that really indicates a dumb #ss like me in the right direction.

Have to read the Rosegarden manual tomorrow..
always good to read the manual ;) Or subsribe to there mailinglist

By the way, I think it is better to post a message for support in the topic area which is made for it and refer in that post to the howto.

Only comments on howto about the content... no questions for support...
Tim
Established Member

Post by Tim »

AFAIK there is no specific support topic on this forum. I thought the howto was te best place to be in this aspect.

Which topic do you mean than? I'll post my question there. Thanks.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Tim wrote:AFAIK there is no specific support topic on this forum. I thought the howto was te best place to be in this aspect.

Which topic do you mean than? I'll post my question there. Thanks.
I think this one is the best: http://linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Rosegarden is the main subject and it is a sequencer
Tim
Established Member

Post by Tim »

You're right, I'll link it.