Jam393

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Jam393

Post by jonetsu »

This is a quite calm and tranquil piece overall. Acoustic guitar and piano are at forefront with synth textures weaving in and out. A piano improv starts by the 2/3 of the piece. This is basically a jam, there's no title. It just happened. The piano improv was the 2nd take from scratch.

Enjoy.

Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam393
folderol
Established Member

Re: Jam393

Post by folderol »

Very good. Probably the most enjoyable track I've heard from you.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

This reminds me of Brian Eno a bit. At least this is the person that came directly into my mind. For my taste it could have a bit more ambient sounds like after 4:30. I think you can easily make two tracks out of this. One ambient and one more classical guitar/ piano track.
I had piano lessons as a child, but after some time I quit and started with e-guitar. Shit happens :mrgreen:
singforme
Established Member

Post by singforme »

Good vibe, nice production!
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks guys. Since that piece does not have a real title it's indeed in an unfinished state, hanging in there perhaps as you mentioned, between two states. The idea at this point was more to convey a feeling, despite any arrangement and mix shortcomings.

EDIT: Related to the other thread about composition, this piece is also an expression of coming to grips with the darn metronome. With the darn grid. About time. It's starting to develop a freedom of sorts. I've done some pieces "off the grid", posted on Soundcloud in which the metronome was turned off. Although in the end that's not fully practical. One needs to end up on the grid for various reasons. At least for now. Maybe one day totally grid free ? A 'trick' I found is for a slower piece such as this one here, to have the metronome clocking faster to lay down the foundations. Once the foundations are there, then it can be turned off.

I did have some piano lessons at one point. For about maybe 6 months. I got bored studying J.S. Bach simple pieces (which his wife composed it seems). Not that they were boring, they were nice little pieces, but the lessons and the learning was boring. I preferred either to listen to these pieces played by someone who knows how to play or, to make my own improvisations, to create stuff no matter what. So since then I continued with the latter :)

Cheers.
psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

Warm summer synth, iridescent sound :) Lovely! :!:

Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/