Dragonfly Hall Reverb

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Dragonfly Hall Reverb

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Just tried in Mixbus 32C and it crashed Mixbus when I tried closing plugin. Same deal with Ardour. Both lv2 and VST tried.
I'm on Arch.
Aww, I thought I fixed the crash on exit. Thanks for testing it, I'll see what I can find out. Did you happen to capture any more information when it crashed, like a stack trace or terminal output?
No sorry. Whenever I run trace with Ardour, it crashes, never loads all plugins etc. Even as this being a fresh install of Arch.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

funkmuscle wrote:No sorry. Whenever I run trace with Ardour, it crashes, never loads all plugins etc. Even as this being a fresh install of Arch.
Ok, thanks again for reporting the crash. Let's see what happens for other people. I tested the mac VST and LV2 rather extensively in Ardour and didn't experience the crash, but I only tested the Linux version in Carla. Both the Linux VST and LV2 versions worked there without crashing. I'll try both of the Linux ones in Ardour over the weekend.
Last edited by Michael Willis on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:No sorry. Whenever I run trace with Ardour, it crashes, never loads all plugins etc. Even as this being a fresh install of Arch.
Ok, thanks again for reporting the crash. Let's see what happens for other people. I tested the mac version rather extensively in Ardour and didn't experience the crash, but I only tested the Linux version in Carla. Both the Linux VST and LV2 versions worked there without crashing. I'll try both of the Linux ones in Ardour over the weekend.
Sweet! Thanx again for the awesome work y'all are doing.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Michael Willis wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Just tried in Mixbus 32C and it crashed Mixbus when I tried closing plugin. Same deal with Ardour. Both lv2 and VST tried.
I'm on Arch.
Aww, I thought I fixed the crash on exit. Thanks for testing it, I'll see what I can find out. Did you happen to capture any more information when it crashed, like a stack trace or terminal output?
OK, I've tried (the LV2) and indeed it crashes on exit. (It sounded and looked good before that, though!)

Here are messages on the terminal:

Code: Select all

[snip]
WARNING: this host does not send sample-rate information for LV2 UIs, using 44100 as fallback (this could be wrong)
double free or corruption (out)
Aborted
Here are the end of strace:

Code: Select all

recvmsg(7, {msg_name=NULL, msg_namelen=0, msg_iov=[{iov_base="\241 G\1e\21\340\7\220\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\5\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., iov_len=4096}], msg_iovlen=1, msg_controllen=0, msg_flags=0}, 0) = 64
recvmsg(7, {msg_namelen=0}, 0)          = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
futex(0x563bbe764414, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 1
futex(0x563bbe764418, FUTEX_UNLOCK_PI_PRIVATE) = 0
writev(2, [{iov_base="double free or corruption (out)", iov_len=31}, {iov_base="\n", iov_len=1}], 2double free or corruption (out)
) = 32
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f0c8c000000
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ABRT], NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, ~[RTMIN RT_1], [PIPE], 8) = 0
getpid()                                = 16551
gettid()                                = 16551
tgkill(16551, 16551, SIGABRT)           = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [PIPE], NULL, 8) = 0
--- SIGABRT {si_signo=SIGABRT, si_code=SI_TKILL, si_pid=16551, si_uid=1000} ---
+++ killed by SIGABRT +++
Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

finotti wrote:OK, I've tried (the LV2) and indeed it crashes on exit. (It sounded and looked good before that, though!)
Thanks Finotti!

I made another update that I think might fix the crash on exit. I don't have access to my Linux machine right now, but it still works on the Mac. If anybody is inclined to compile the latest and test it on linux, please let me know how it goes. I'll try it on Linux later today, if it goes well I'll put another release up on github.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:
finotti wrote:OK, I've tried (the LV2) and indeed it crashes on exit. (It sounded and looked good before that, though!)
Thanks Finotti!

I made another update that I think might fix the crash on exit. I don't have access to my Linux machine right now, but it still works on the Mac. If anybody is inclined to compile the latest and test it on linux, please let me know how it goes. I'll try it on Linux later today, if it goes well I'll put another release up on github.
did a fresh pull from git and the lv2 crashes Ardour but the VST is fine so far. No crashing of Ardour when exiting the VST.
The only thing is the VST doesn't have the presets but the lv2 does. Dunno if that was mentioned earlier in this thread.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

falkTX wrote:In DPF, presets for VST are not exported. Too much hassle to make it work per spec.
oh ok falkTX. thanx
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

funkmuscle wrote: did a fresh pull from git and the lv2 crashes Ardour but the VST is fine so far. No crashing of Ardour when exiting the VST.
The only thing is the VST doesn't have the presets but the lv2 does. Dunno if that was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Thanks for testing it again, I'll have to spend more time on the lv2 in Linux.

Rghvdberg did implement a feature that allows you to select presets from the GUI... isn't that working in the VST?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:
funkmuscle wrote: did a fresh pull from git and the lv2 crashes Ardour but the VST is fine so far. No crashing of Ardour when exiting the VST.
Thanks for testing it again, I'll have to spend more time on the lv2 in Linux.

Rghvdberg did implement a feature that allows you to select presets from the GUI... isn't that working in the VST?
no and according to falkTX
falkTX wrote:
In DPF, presets for VST are not exported. Too much hassle to make it work per spec.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

falkTX wrote:exported presets are different from changing values from the UI.
the UI preset stuff should work on all plugin versions.
ok now I understand. So Michael, only the default preset is there in the VST. On the LV2 it's all there but as mentioned, crashes on exit.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Ok, for real this time! This weekend I tested on Linux to find the cause of the crash-on-exit (off-by-one error, rawr :oops:). I made a new release with Linux VST, LV2, and the standalone Jack app: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... /tag/0.9.0

Funkmuscle, I'm not sure about presets and VST, the behavior of DPF's preset mechanism is different between VST and LV2 versions. For what it's worth, now that I've fixed the bug I recommend the LV2 version.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:Ok, for real this time! This weekend I tested on Linux to find the cause of the crash-on-exit (off-by-one error, rawr :oops:). I made a new release with Linux VST, LV2, and the standalone Jack app: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... /tag/0.9.0

Funkmuscle, I'm not sure about presets and VST, the behavior of DPF's preset mechanism is different between VST and LV2 versions. For what it's worth, now that I've fixed the bug I recommend the LV2 version.
All is well now!! I removed anything to do with the DragonFly and reinstalled. Both VST and LV2 are fine
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

funkmuscle wrote:All is well now!! I removed anything to do with the DragonFly and reinstalled. Both VST and LV2 are fine
Woohoo! Great success! Unless somebody else has trouble, I think all that's left is to make proper credits and cut a 1.0 release.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Michael Willis wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:All is well now!! I removed anything to do with the DragonFly and reinstalled. Both VST and LV2 are fine
Woohoo! Great success! Unless somebody else has trouble, I think all that's left is to make proper credits and cut a 1.0 release.
Sweet!! thanx again guys!
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Michael Willis wrote:Ok, for real this time! This weekend I tested on Linux to find the cause of the crash-on-exit (off-by-one error, rawr :oops:). I made a new release with Linux VST, LV2, and the standalone Jack app: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... /tag/0.9.0

Working great here! Thanks for all your work!