no sound from DrumGizmo

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

funkmuscle
Established Member

no sound from DrumGizmo

Post by funkmuscle »

hi, I've been using DG with MusE for some time now and all I had to do was add the midi drum track, add the DG synth. route the midi track to the DG synth track, load the DG kit and I would have sound when playing the piano roll editor.
Now those steps are not working.
spamatica
Established Member

Re: no sound from DrumGizmo

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:hi, I've been using DG with MusE for some time now and all I had to do was add the midi drum track, add the DG synth. route the midi track to the DG synth track, load the DG kit and I would have sound when playing the piano roll editor.
Tried it now and it seems to work with the build from kxstudio and the MuldjordKit.

Seems you did route it to the DrumGizmo synth, however do note that it used to automatically route midi tracks to the last created midi device but this functionality was lost in the big rework for 3.0. I feel I need to put it back.

What distro and packages are you using for MusE and Drumgizmo?
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:hi, I've been using DG with MusE for some time now and all I had to do was add the midi drum track, add the DG synth. route the midi track to the DG synth track, load the DG kit and I would have sound when playing the piano roll editor.
Tried it now and it seems to work with the build from kxstudio and the MuldjordKit.

Seems you did route it to the DrumGizmo synth, however do note that it used to automatically route midi tracks to the last created midi device but this functionality was lost in the big rework for 3.0. I feel I need to put it back.

What distro and packages are you using for MusE and Drumgizmo?
is this Tim? If yeah, it's Harv fellow Canuck. Anyhow I'm on arch64 and been using the git. Remember you helped me back with the router issue?
Yeah, the auto connect was sweet, if no biggy, please add back. :D
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:
spamatica wrote: What distro and packages are you using for MusE and Drumgizmo?
is this Tim? If yeah, it's Harv fellow Canuck. Anyhow I'm on arch64 and been using the git. Remember you helped me back with the router issue?
Actually no, this is Robert :D
To pick the last port should be a tiny thing just that it went missing so I'll try to get it back there.

As for Drumgizmo, still no sound I gather? And it works with some other DAW(tm)?

/Robert
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
spamatica wrote: What distro and packages are you using for MusE and Drumgizmo?
Actually no, this is Robert :D
To pick the last port should be a tiny thing just that it went missing so I'll try to get it back there.

As for Drumgizmo, still no sound I gather? And it works with some other DAW(tm)?

/Robert
hey Robert, I've got it working as I've figured out the router but the auto connect was the best. add tracks, add synth and make music. :D
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:
hey Robert, I've got it working as I've figured out the router but the auto connect was the best. add tracks, add synth and make music. :D
Alrighty, should be there in master now!

Edit:
I think the reason why this no longer worked was due to some work on default port configurations.
In the midi configuration it's possible to define a default port and channel. In the event you are using a specific synth device very often, this can be good to have. Now, if you specify None for all default ports it will instead pick the device with highest number (which is usually the most recent)
MusE DAW
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

I don't know if my answer here is relevant, by I'd been using beta 3 for a while and also could not properly connect DrumGizmo until I saw Michael Oswald's video: https://youtu.be/hXDCTmcBmLg?t=7m45s That always worked for me. (Note I've never used Muse 2 or the new 3.0 release.) Just in case it might help...
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

finotti wrote:I don't know if my answer here is relevant, by I'd been using beta 3 for a while and also could not properly connect DrumGizmo until I saw Michael Oswald's video: https://youtu.be/hXDCTmcBmLg?t=7m45s That always worked for me. (Note I've never used Muse 2 or the new 3.0 release.) Just in case it might help...
Thanks for the reminder, not entirely relevant for the issue at hand but very relevant for using Drumgizmo with MusE in general.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:
finotti wrote:I don't know if my answer here is relevant, by I'd been using beta 3 for a while and also could not properly connect DrumGizmo until I saw Michael Oswald's video: https://youtu.be/hXDCTmcBmLg?t=7m45s That always worked for me. (Note I've never used Muse 2 or the new 3.0 release.) Just in case it might help...
Thanks for the reminder, not entirely relevant for the issue at hand but very relevant for using Drumgizmo with MusE in general.
yep all work.. I've been using the git beta too. that's still what I'm using.