Question for Zoom R16 owners using Fedora as well

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Veerstryngh Thynner
Established Member

Question for Zoom R16 owners using Fedora as well

Post by Veerstryngh Thynner »

Hello all,

Presently under consideration is a switch from KDE Mint 17.3 to Fedora. This is mainly due to stability issues on my regular laptop.

Central to music production, though, is my desktop unit. Like my laptop, it runs on KDE Mint 17.3 as well, at present. But there is an argument for changing this to Fedora. As well as for implementing my Zoom R16's audio interface capabilities. However, at this moment, KDE Mint doesn't recognise these. And according to response received after previous enquiries, kernel change seems required, in order to make the Zoom R16 respond:
Zoom 16/24 require kernel >= 4.4

Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" (kernel 3.19, xorg 1.17, mesa 10.5.9)
I'm now wondering if this might also be the case in Fedora. If my assumption is correct, I'm hoping for someone to shed light on (the) Fedora kernel(s) suited to the purpose as explained above.

Current home studio set-up is still under construction. But for what it's worth:

- Cadence, Carla and Claudia serve as foundation stones, as it were;
- Set-up as envisaged is largely (musical instrument) sample-based;
- Real musical instruments in use: electric strings and digital keys;
- Little use for microphones but for a few rare instances.

Veerstryngh Thynner
Baggypants
Established Member

Re: Question for Zoom R16 owners using Fedora as well

Post by Baggypants »

The current kernel in fedora 27 is 4.14
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Veerstryngh Thynner wrote:Hello all,
Presently under consideration is a switch from KDE Mint 17.3 to Fedora. This is mainly due to stability issues on my regular laptop.
Sell the Zoom, buy a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
These audio/midi interfaces have great quality, and solid linux compatibility.

It is priority 1 to aquire computers and hardware
that are known to work well in linux systems. Research, sell, trade, buy,
whatever it takes, you'll needlessly waste your creative potentials when doing
battle with incompatible hardware.

My linux audio experience has guided me to keeping fluent with 3 linux versions,
that are quite different in their main purpose, but each is capable of high quality
audio productions. I consider these headings for linux distros to keep active:
1. maximum performance
2. newest most up-to-date software
3. Most stable.

You could do worse than using the latest versions of
AVLinux, Fedora, and Mint, using a bootable external drive or two,
which also makes for a decent backup plan for your productions.
Cheers
GuntherT
Established Member

Post by GuntherT »

You don't go into much detail about what your stability issues are, but I think a more sensible approach would be to upgrade to Linux Mint 18 before switching to a different distribution. I believe LM18 comes with a 4.10 kernel, which should solve your Zoom R16 compatibility issues, and if you like falkTX's audio programs (Cadence, Carla, Claudia), sticking with a Debian-based OS will make life much easier given its compatibility with the KX Studio repositiories. You could also just upgrade the kernel on your current installation if for some reason you don't want to move to the next version of Mint.
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

glowrak guy wrote:Sell the Zoom, buy a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Probably not a satisfactory solution to the OP. The Zoom R16 has a lot more inputs and 8 sliders that can come in handy for controlling mixing channels. I'd sooner replace the distro if I were in his shoes.
Veerstryngh Thynner
Established Member

baggypants wrote: The current kernel in fedora 27 is 4.14
I discovered only the other day that a low-latency kernel or a real-time kernel may be what I'm after. Is that what kernel 4.14 is, too? Various electric string instruments in my arsenal.
glowrak guy wrote:
Sell the Zoom, buy a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Luc wrote: Probably not a satisfactory solution to the OP. The Zoom R16 has a lot more inputs and 8 sliders that can come in handy for controlling mixing channels. I'd sooner replace the distro if I were in his shoes.
You hit the nail on the head, Luc. Especially since I have been rediscovering Zoom R16's recording facilities, these past few days. With both Audacity and MuseScore letting me awfully down, whilst working on a seasonal song for family and friends, Zoom R16 became indeed my last resort. And yes again: I;d rather replace the distro than sell my R16. You pegged me dead right there once again! :)
GuntherT writes:You don't go into much detail about what your stability issues are
KDE Mint "Rosa" has now progressed from 2-3 minutes of online connection to about half an hour, on average, before switching it off entirely on its own accord. Or the screen just freezes: temporarily removing power plug and battery pack the only way to "reboot". Starting up is a big thing too, these days: up to ten attempts no exception. And even then online connection may conk out just a few seconds after fresh reboot.

I have been on KDE Mint 18.1 as well. Its chronic instability even more of a nightmare. So I'm going to try Fedora for a while, come January.

Veerstryngh Thynner
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Veerstryngh Thynner wrote:
I discovered only the other day that a low-latency kernel or a real-time kernel may be what I'm after. Is that what kernel 4.14 is, too? Various electric string instruments in my arsenal.

KDE Mint "Rosa" has now progressed from 2-3 minutes of online connection to about half an hour, on average, before switching it off entirely on its own accord. Or the screen just freezes: temporarily removing power plug and battery pack the only way to "reboot". Starting up is a big thing too, these days: up to ten attempts no exception. And even then online connection may conk out just a few seconds after fresh reboot.

I have been on KDE Mint 18.1 as well. Its chronic instability even more of a nightmare. So I'm going to try Fedora for a while, come January.
Lowlatency or realtime has nothing to do with the version number of the kernel. 4.14.x can be built in several different "flavours". If the output of "uname -v" contains PREEMPT then it's a so called lowlatency kernel, and if it contains PREEMPT RT then it's a realtime kernel.

Your stability problem rather sounds like a hardware problem on that laptop, or possibly there is some serious bug with a hardware driver.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Veerstryngh Thynner wrote:(...)both Audacity and MuseScore letting me awfully down
I know nothing about MuseScore, but Audacity is what I'd call a sound editor, something good for quick'n'dirty editing of single files. If you want to develop music proper, you need a multitrack DAW such as Ardour. Tracktion 6 is freeware now, also a good choice.

Your problems with Mint Rosa sound really odd and specific to you. I can't think of any distro that would turn a blind eye to that kind of trouble.
Veerstryngh Thynner
Established Member

Jack Winter writes: Lowlatency or realtime has nothing to do with the version number of the kernel. 4.14.x can be built in several different "flavours". If the output of "uname -v" contains PREEMPT then it's a so called lowlatency kernel, and if it contains PREEMPT RT then it's a realtime kernel.
Thanks very much Jack! This is really helpful. But let me check if I understand this correctly.

When I switch to Fedora, come January, I need Fedora to recognise my Zoom R16, in audio interface mode, as audio interface proper for recording purposes. The Fedora kernel that probably does, according to a poster in this thread, is 4.14. So, if we substitute "uname-v" with 4.14, and the output of 4.14 is indeed PREEMPT, then it's a so called lowlatency kernel. And if the output of 4.14 contains PREEMPT RT, then it's a realtime kernel.

Please do correct me if my assumption is wrong. But if I happen to be right, can anybody tell me then if 4.14 is of the PREEMPT or of the PREEMPT RT variety?
Jack Winter writes: Your stability problem rather sounds like a hardware problem on that laptop, or possibly there is some serious bug with a hardware driver.
Yes, I agree. When listening to radio online, for example. the laptop must be absolutely stationary on a smooth surface. So listening to radio online AND writing an email at the same time, for instance, is not feasible, since online connection will be gone or the screen will freeze dead sooner rather than later, under the circumstances. But if I'm indeed dealing with some serious bug, how do I identify it, in order to take it out of circulation? Can anything be done through CLI?
Luc writes: I know nothing about MuseScore, but Audacity is what I'd call a sound editor, something good for quick'n'dirty editing of single files.
I know.

I'm a big Audacity fan myself. LMMS and Ardour not my cup of tea, really. Never truly got the hang of those, to be honest. But then I discovered Audacity: its multitrack facilities very much appreciated. And I veritably love its editorial power!

Unfortunately, though, Audacity is a pain in the backside, at the moment. My biggest frustration Audacity's audio input slider consistently refusing to budge, since upgrading to v 2.1.2. Audacity Forum says this is not an Audacity problem, but a Linux problem. And the Audacity Wiki pages are suggesting that the audio input slider will now only respond to "proper" USB input devices. Audacity also going starkly "Windows" then, apparently.

I haven't attempted the old "analogue" way yet, but Audacity is presently utterly useless, anyway, for recording purposes, with anything USB hooked to it. So for a small seasonal project I turned to my Zoom R16, and worked on that for most of last week. Yet this, too, had to be forcibly abandoned, due to insurmountable system error. Almost all studio equipment I own now conspiring against me, it seems.

Veerstryngh Thynner
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Try KXStudio as a distro. That should work fine. Try it.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Veerstryngh Thynner wrote:When I switch to Fedora, come January, I need Fedora to recognise my Zoom R16, in audio interface mode, as audio interface proper for recording purposes. The Fedora kernel that probably does, according to a poster in this thread, is 4.14. So, if we substitute "uname-v" with 4.14, and the output of 4.14 is indeed PREEMPT, then it's a so called lowlatency kernel. And if the output of 4.14 contains PREEMPT RT, then it's a realtime kernel.

Please do correct me if my assumption is wrong. But if I happen to be right, can anybody tell me then if 4.14 is of the PREEMPT or of the PREEMPT RT variety?
I'm sorry but I don't know much about Fedora as I run Archlinux... But let me try to explain again.

The issue of scheduling model has nothing to do with the version number of the kernel... The kernel as any other software is an evolving piece of software, so version numbers go 4.12, 4.13, 4.14, etc. If I understand correctly your device isn't supported by 4.13 but support has been added for 4.14, so that means that you need version of 4.14.0 or higher for it to be recognized and for it to work.

On the matter of kernel scheduling model: You can build any kernel version with different configurations, and I do believe that the default Fedora kernel is of the voluntary preemption type, which means that it's not a lowlatency or realtime kernel. Once you have installed and booted it, you can check what you have by running "uname -v".

I'm not sure but I think the Fedora repos have more kernels, so I think that you can also install a lowlatency or realtime kernel. This is something you'll have to ask Fedora support or users about. FWIW, there is also an addon repository called Planet CCRMA which supposedly contains multimedia packages and a realtime kernel. But again I don't know the details, and you'll have to ask Fedora about such things.
Veerstryngh Thynner wrote:Yes, I agree. When listening to radio online, for example. the laptop must be absolutely stationary on a smooth surface. So listening to radio online AND writing an email at the same time, for instance, is not feasible, since online connection will be gone or the screen will freeze dead sooner rather than later, under the circumstances. But if I'm indeed dealing with some serious bug, how do I identify it, in order to take it out of circulation? Can anything be done through CLI?
Maybe. You could try to run "dmesg -w" in at the CLI and bang on the keyboard until it hangs, maybe the output will show something interesting. Maybe it's something as simple as oxidation on the memory modules, and you might be able to open up the machine, remove them and put them back in. Or maybe it's a loose cable or something like that... You could also try to run a memory check on the machine. Some distros let you chose memory check from the bootmanager, and there are also bootable usb or optical media that can be used to boot from to a run memory check.

But in the final analysis, it's hard to tell from far away what your problem might be.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
Veerstryngh Thynner
Established Member

Hi Jack,

Thanks very much for your extensive explanation. Educative and illuminating.

In the meanwhile, I just tried dmesg -w, and got this read-out:

Code: Select all

-G585:~ > dmesg -w
[b]dmesg: invalid option -- 'w'[/b]

Usage:
 dmesg [options]

Options:
 -C, --clear                 clear the kernel ring buffer
 -c, --read-clear            read and clear all messages
 -D, --console-off           disable printing messages to console
 -d, --show-delta            show time delta between printed messages
 -E, --console-on            enable printing messages to console
 -f, --facility <list>       restrict output to defined facilities
 -h, --help                  display this help and exit
 -k, --kernel                display kernel messages
 -l, --level <list>          restrict output to defined levels
 -n, --console-level <level> set level of messages printed to console
 -r, --raw                   print the raw message buffer
 -s, --buffer-size <size>    buffer size to query the kernel ring buffer
 -T, --ctime                 show human readable timestamp (could be 
                             inaccurate if you have used SUSPEND/RESUME)
 -t, --notime                don't print messages timestamp
 -u, --userspace             display userspace messages
 -V, --version               output version information and exit
 -x, --decode                decode facility and level to readable string

Supported log facilities:
    kern - kernel messages
    user - random user-level messages
    mail - mail system
  daemon - system daemons
    auth - security/authorisation messages
  syslog - messages generated internally by syslogd
     lpr - line printer subsystem
    news - network news subsystem

Supported log levels (priorities):
   emerg - system is unusable
   alert - action must be taken immediately
    crit - critical conditions
     err - error conditions
    warn - warning conditions
  notice - normal but significant condition
    info - informational
   debug - debug-level messages 
Just to let you know.

Veerstryngh Thynner
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Hmm, that parameter has been there for quite awhile, -w is short for --follow which means that it doesn't exit and shows new msgs. Maybe there is another way you can monitor what happens in the kernel message buffer. Do you have some program that can show you the syslog. If you have a systemd system, you could try journalctl -f instead.
Veerstryngh Thynner
Established Member

Luc writes: Try KXStudio as a distro. That should work fine.
Coincidentally, Cadence, Carla, Claudia and Jamin have been installed on my desktop, just a couple of days ago. I considered loading the whole KXStudio shebang, initially, but ultimately decided to limit myself to these four: the core idea behind this to reduce the technology aspect (never my strongest suit anyway) to bare bones in favour of music production proper. Overhauling as well as drastically simplifying my current home studio long overdue: IT and wiring woes my bane for much longer than I care to remember. So Cadence, Carla and Claudia are going to be the skeleton set-up to operate from, shortly, with Jamin added for editorial purposes.
Jack Winter writes: Do you have some program that can show you the syslog.
Yes, syslog is in my system and, as a matter of fact, running as I'm writing.

23/12/2017 07:35:38	-G585	console-kit-daemon[931]	GLib-CRITICAL: Source ID 66 was not found when attempting to remove it
23/12/2017 07:35:39	-G585	rsyslogd	[origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="7.4.4" x-pid="500" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed
23/12/2017 07:35:41	-G585	anacron[14423]	Job `cron.daily' terminated
23/12/2017 07:36:19	-G585	wpa_supplicant[1064]	wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED 
23/12/2017 07:37:04	-G585	sudo	pam_ecryptfs: pam_sm_authenticate: /home/is already mounted
23/12/2017 07:38:19	-G585	wpa_supplicant[1064]	wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED 
23/12/2017 07:39:01	-G585	wpa_supplicant[1064]	wlan0: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 50:6a:03:15:65:19 [GTK=TKIP]
23/12/2017 07:39:01	-G585	kernel	[ 3718.246820] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
23/12/2017 07:40:01	-G585	anacron[14423]	Job `cron.weekly' started
23/12/2017 07:40:01	-G585	anacron[17092]	Updated timestamp for job `cron.weekly' to 2017-12-23
23/12/2017 07:40:06	-G585	anacron[14423]	Job `cron.weekly' terminated
23/12/2017 07:40:06	-G585	anacron[14423]	Normal exit (2 jobs run)
23/12/2017 07:40:19	-G585	wpa_supplicant[1064]	wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED 
As a matter of fact, dmesg on its own did work, last night. Its read-out below:

dmesg

[    0.324607] pci 0000:00:12.2: [1022:7808] type 00 class 0x0c0320
[    0.325078] pci 0000:00:12.2: reg 0x10: [mem 0xf0348000-0xf03480ff]
[    0.327644] pci 0000:00:12.2: supports D1 D2
[    0.327649] pci 0000:00:12.2: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot
[    0.327926] pci 0000:00:13.0: [1022:7807] type 00 class 0x0c0310
[    0.327949] pci 0000:00:13.0: reg 0x10: [mem 0xf0347000-0xf0347fff]
[    0.328126] pci 0000:00:13.0: System wakeup disabled by ACPI
[    0.328312] pci 0000:00:13.2: [1022:7808] type 00 class 0x0c0320
[    0.328749] pci 0000:00:13.2: reg 0x10: [mem 0xf0346000-0xf03460ff]
[    0.331306] pci 0000:00:13.2: supports D1 D2
[    0.331312] pci 0000:00:13.2: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot
[    0.331586] pci 0000:00:14.0: [1022:780b] type 00 class 0x0c0500
[    0.331924] pci 0000:00:14.2: [1022:780d] type 00 class 0x040300
[    0.331958] pci 0000:00:14.2: reg 0x10: [mem 0xf0340000-0xf0343fff 64bit]
[    0.332063] pci 0000:00:14.2: PME# supported from D0 D3hot D3cold
[    0.332248] pci 0000:00:14.3: [1022:780e] type 00 class 0x060100
[    0.332582] pci 0000:00:14.4: [1022:780f] type 01 class 0x060401
[    0.332728] pci 0000:00:14.4: System wakeup disabled by ACPI
[    0.332914] pci 0000:00:15.0: [1022:43a0] type 01 class 0x060400
[    0.333042] pci 0000:00:15.0: supports D1 D2
[    0.333147] pci 0000:00:15.0: System wakeup disabled by ACPI
[    0.333255] pci 0000:00:15.1: [1022:43a1] type 01 class 0x060400
[    0.333382] pci 0000:00:15.1: supports D1 D2
[    0.333487] pci 0000:00:15.1: System wakeup disabled by ACPI
[    0.333671] pci 0000:00:18.0: [1022:1700] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.333878] pci 0000:00:18.1: [1022:1701] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.334078] pci 0000:00:18.2: [1022:1702] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.334282] pci 0000:00:18.3: [1022:1703] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.334498] pci 0000:00:18.4: [1022:1704] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.334697] pci 0000:00:18.5: [1022:1718] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.334900] pci 0000:00:18.6: [1022:1716] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.335116] pci 0000:00:18.7: [1022:1719] type 00 class 0x060000
[    0.335599] pci 0000:00:14.4: PCI bridge to [bus 01] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335616] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [io  0x0000-0x0cf7] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335621] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [io  0x0d00-0xffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335626] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000a0000-0x000bffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335631] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000c0000-0x000c3fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335637] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000c4000-0x000c7fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335641] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000c8000-0x000cbfff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335646] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000d0000-0x000d3fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335651] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000d4000-0x000d7fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335656] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000d8000-0x000dbfff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335661] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000dc000-0x000dffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335666] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000e0000-0x000e3fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335671] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000e4000-0x000e7fff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335676] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000e8000-0x000ebfff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335681] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0x000ec000-0x000effff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335686] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0xe0000000-0xf7ffffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335691] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0xfc000000-0xfed3ffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.335696] pci 0000:00:14.4:   bridge window [mem 0xfed45000-0xffffffff] (subtractive decode)
[    0.336000] pci 0000:02:00.0: [10ec:8136] type 00 class 0x020000
[    0.336032] pci 0000:02:00.0: reg 0x10: [io  0x2000-0x20ff]
[    0.336074] pci 0000:02:00.0: reg 0x18: [mem 0xf0004000-0xf0004fff 64bit pref]
[    0.336102] pci 0000:02:00.0: reg 0x20: [mem 0xf0000000-0xf0003fff 64bit pref]
[    0.336241] pci 0000:02:00.0: supports D1 D2
[    0.336246] pci 0000:02:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot D3cold
[    0.343214] pci 0000:00:15.0: PCI bridge to [bus 02-05]
[    0.343238] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [io  0x2000-0x2fff]
[    0.343247] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [mem 0xf0200000-0xf02fffff]
[    0.343259] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [mem 0xf0000000-0xf00fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.343608] pci 0000:06:00.0: [14e4:4727] type 00 class 0x028000
[    0.343655] pci 0000:06:00.0: reg 0x10: [mem 0xf0100000-0xf0103fff 64bit]
[    0.343874] pci 0000:06:00.0: supports D1 D2
[    0.343880] pci 0000:06:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D3hot D3cold
[    0.351238] pci 0000:00:15.1: PCI bridge to [bus 06]
[    0.351263] pci 0000:00:15.1:   bridge window [mem 0xf0100000-0xf01fffff]
[    0.356442] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKA] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.356767] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKB] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.357060] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKC] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.357311] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKD] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.357603] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKE] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.357856] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKF] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.358078] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKG] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.358269] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKH] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 14 15) *0
[    0.358690] ACPI: Enabled 3 GPEs in block 00 to 1F
[    0.358809] ACPI : EC: GPE = 0x3, I/O: command/status = 0x66, data = 0x62
[    0.359372] vgaarb: setting as boot device: PCI:0000:00:01.0
[    0.359383] vgaarb: device added: PCI:0000:00:01.0,decodes=io+mem,owns=io+mem,locks=none
[    0.359397] vgaarb: loaded
[    0.359400] vgaarb: bridge control possible 0000:00:01.0
[    0.360124] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.360357] libata version 3.00 loaded.
[    0.360437] ACPI: bus type USB registered
[    0.360493] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.360526] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.360567] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.360993] PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
[    0.363852] PCI: pci_cache_line_size set to 64 bytes
[    0.363994] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0x0009f400-0x0009ffff]
[    0.364000] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0xd4c84000-0xd7ffffff]
[    0.364004] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0xd54bc000-0xd7ffffff]
[    0.364008] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0xdf8bf000-0xdfffffff]
[    0.364012] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0xdfc00000-0xdfffffff]
[    0.364016] e820: reserve RAM buffer [mem 0x107000000-0x107ffffff]
[    0.364319] NetLabel: Initializing
[    0.364323] NetLabel:  domain hash size = 128
[    0.364326] NetLabel:  protocols = UNLABELED CIPSOv4
[    0.364359] NetLabel:  unlabeled traffic allowed by default
[    0.364740] hpet0: at MMIO 0xfed00000, IRQs 2, 8, 0
[    0.364756] hpet0: 3 comparators, 32-bit 14.318180 MHz counter
[    0.366919] Switched to clocksource hpet
[    0.382791] AppArmor: AppArmor Filesystem Enabled
[    0.383091] pnp: PnP ACPI init
[    0.383461] system 00:00: [mem 0xfec00000-0xfec00fff] could not be reserved
[    0.383469] system 00:00: [mem 0xfee00000-0xfee00fff] has been reserved
[    0.383479] system 00:00: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs PNP0c02 (active)
[    0.384000] pnp 00:01: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs PNP0b00 (active)
[    0.384120] pnp 00:02: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs MSF0001 PNP0303 (active)
[    0.384384] pnp 00:03: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs ETD0613 ETD0001 PNP0f13 (active)
[    0.384580] system 00:04: [io  0x0400-0x04cf] could not be reserved
[    0.384587] system 00:04: [io  0x04d0-0x04d1] has been reserved
[    0.384592] system 00:04: [io  0x04d6] has been reserved
[    0.384598] system 00:04: [io  0x0680-0x06ff] has been reserved
[    0.384603] system 00:04: [io  0x077a] has been reserved
[    0.384608] system 00:04: [io  0x0c00-0x0c01] has been reserved
[    0.384613] system 00:04: [io  0x0c14] has been reserved
[    0.384618] system 00:04: [io  0x0c50-0x0c52] has been reserved
[    0.384624] system 00:04: [io  0x0c6c] has been reserved
[    0.384629] system 00:04: [io  0x0c6f] has been reserved
[    0.384634] system 00:04: [io  0x0cd0-0x0cdb] has been reserved
[    0.384639] system 00:04: [io  0x0840-0x0847] has been reserved
[    0.384647] system 00:04: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs PNP0c02 (active)
[    0.384836] system 00:05: [mem 0x000e0000-0x000fffff] could not be reserved
[    0.384843] system 00:05: [mem 0xffc00000-0xffffffff] has been reserved
[    0.384850] system 00:05: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs PNP0c01 (active)
[    0.388238] pnp: PnP ACPI: found 6 devices
[    0.406764] pci 0000:00:14.4: PCI bridge to [bus 01]
[    0.406794] pci 0000:00:15.0: PCI bridge to [bus 02-05]
[    0.406802] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [io  0x2000-0x2fff]
[    0.406812] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [mem 0xf0200000-0xf02fffff]
[    0.406822] pci 0000:00:15.0:   bridge window [mem 0xf0000000-0xf00fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.406834] pci 0000:00:15.1: PCI bridge to [bus 06]
[    0.406843] pci 0000:00:15.1:   bridge window [mem 0xf0100000-0xf01fffff]
[    0.406859] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 4 [io  0x0000-0x0cf7]
[    0.406864] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 5 [io  0x0d00-0xffff]
[    0.406869] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 6 [mem 0x000a0000-0x000bffff]
[    0.406874] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 7 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000c3fff]
[    0.406879] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 8 [mem 0x000c4000-0x000c7fff]
[    0.406884] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 9 [mem 0x000c8000-0x000cbfff]
[    0.406889] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 10 [mem 0x000d0000-0x000d3fff]
[    0.406893] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 11 [mem 0x000d4000-0x000d7fff]
[    0.406898] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 12 [mem 0x000d8000-0x000dbfff]
[    0.406903] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 13 [mem 0x000dc000-0x000dffff]
[    0.406987] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 14 [mem 0x000e0000-0x000e3fff]
[    0.406992] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 15 [mem 0x000e4000-0x000e7fff]
[    0.406996] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 16 [mem 0x000e8000-0x000ebfff]
[    0.407001] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 17 [mem 0x000ec000-0x000effff]
[    0.407006] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 18 [mem 0xe0000000-0xf7ffffff]
[    0.407011] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 19 [mem 0xfc000000-0xfed3ffff]
[    0.407016] pci_bus 0000:00: resource 20 [mem 0xfed45000-0xffffffff]
[    0.407021] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 4 [io  0x0000-0x0cf7]
[    0.407026] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 5 [io  0x0d00-0xffff]
[    0.407031] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 6 [mem 0x000a0000-0x000bffff]
[    0.407035] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 7 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000c3fff]
[    0.407040] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 8 [mem 0x000c4000-0x000c7fff]
[    0.407045] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 9 [mem 0x000c8000-0x000cbfff]
[    0.407049] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 10 [mem 0x000d0000-0x000d3fff]
[    0.407054] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 11 [mem 0x000d4000-0x000d7fff]
[    0.407059] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 12 [mem 0x000d8000-0x000dbfff]
[    0.407063] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 13 [mem 0x000dc000-0x000dffff]
[    0.407068] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 14 [mem 0x000e0000-0x000e3fff]
[    0.407073] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 15 [mem 0x000e4000-0x000e7fff]
[    0.407077] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 16 [mem 0x000e8000-0x000ebfff]
[    0.407082] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 17 [mem 0x000ec000-0x000effff]
[    0.407087] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 18 [mem 0xe0000000-0xf7ffffff]
[    0.407091] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 19 [mem 0xfc000000-0xfed3ffff]
[    0.407096] pci_bus 0000:01: resource 20 [mem 0xfed45000-0xffffffff]
[    0.407101] pci_bus 0000:02: resource 0 [io  0x2000-0x2fff]
[    0.407106] pci_bus 0000:02: resource 1 [mem 0xf0200000-0xf02fffff]
[    0.407111] pci_bus 0000:02: resource 2 [mem 0xf0000000-0xf00fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.407116] pci_bus 0000:06: resource 1 [mem 0xf0100000-0xf01fffff]
[    0.407184] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.407620] TCP established hash table entries: 32768 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
[    0.407874] TCP bind hash table entries: 32768 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)
[    0.408179] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 32768 bind 32768)
[    0.408300] TCP: reno registered
[    0.408337] UDP hash table entries: 2048 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    0.408402] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 2048 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    0.408620] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.408668] pci 0000:00:01.0: Video device with shadowed ROM
[    0.599562] PCI: CLS 64 bytes, default 64
[    0.599742] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
[    1.905123] Freeing initrd memory: 31240K (ffff8800342ec000 - ffff88003616e000)
[    1.905331] PCI-DMA: Using software bounce buffering for IO (SWIOTLB)
[    1.905362] software IO TLB [mem 0xdb8bf000-0xdf8bf000] (64MB) mapped at [ffff8800db8bf000-ffff8800df8befff]
[    1.905531] Simple Boot Flag at 0x44 set to 0x1
[    1.906084] microcode: CPU0: patch_level=0x0500010d
[    1.906104] microcode: CPU1: patch_level=0x0500010d
[    1.906479] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 <tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba
[    1.906503] LVT offset 0 assigned for vector 0x400
[    1.906645] perf: AMD IBS detected (0x000000ff)
[    1.906879] Scanning for low memory corruption every 60 seconds
[    1.908043] futex hash table entries: 1024 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    1.908093] Initialise system trusted keyring
[    1.908158] audit: initializing netlink subsys (disabled)
[    1.908201] audit: type=2000 audit(1513966842.784:1): initialized
[    1.909395] HugeTLB registered 2 MB page size, pre-allocated 0 pages
[    1.913995] zpool: loaded
[    1.914003] zbud: loaded
[    1.914911] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.2
[    1.915057] VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 512 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    1.916924] fuse init (API version 7.23)
[    1.917727] Key type big_key registered
[    1.918981] Key type asymmetric registered
[    1.918989] Asymmetric key parser 'x509' registered
[    1.919105] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 252)
[    1.919250] io scheduler noop registered
[    1.919257] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    1.919355] io scheduler cfq registered
[    1.920301] pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version: 0.5
[    1.920348] pciehp: PCI Express Hot Plug Controller Driver version: 0.4
[    1.920439] vesafb: mode is 1366x768x32, linelength=5632, pages=0
[    1.920443] vesafb: scrolling: redraw
[    1.920448] vesafb: Truecolor: size=0:8:8:8, shift=0:16:8:0
[    1.920823] vesafb: framebuffer at 0xe0000000, mapped to 0xffffc90004780000, using 4224k, total 4224k
[    1.921411] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
[    1.921474] fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device
[    1.925715] ACPI: AC Adapter [ACAD] (off-line)
[    1.927116] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input0
[    1.927131] ACPI: Power Button [PWRB]
[    1.927295] input: Sleep Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input1
[    1.927302] ACPI: Sleep Button [SLPB]
[    1.927456] input: Lid Switch as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input2
[    1.928011] ACPI: Lid Switch [LID]
[    1.928210] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input3
[    1.928221] ACPI: Power Button [PWRF]
[    1.928600] ACPI: acpi_idle registered with cpuidle
[    1.929322] GHES: HEST is not enabled!
[    1.929964] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 32 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
[    1.939214] Linux agpgart interface v0.103
[    1.945969] brd: module loaded
[    1.949382] loop: module loaded
[    1.949981] libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
[    1.949988] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[    1.949992] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[    1.950349] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
[    1.951055] QUIRK: Enable AMD PLL fix
[    1.951164] xhci_hcd 0000:00:10.0: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.951181] xhci_hcd 0000:00:10.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    1.951682] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    1.951688] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.951693] usb usb1: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.951697] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic xhci-hcd
[    1.951702] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 0000:00:10.0
[    1.952294] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.952393] hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
[    1.952800] xhci_hcd 0000:00:10.0: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.952812] xhci_hcd 0000:00:10.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[    1.954826] usb usb2: We don't know the algorithms for LPM for this host, disabling LPM.
[    1.954890] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0003
[    1.954895] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.954900] usb usb2: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.954905] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic xhci-hcd
[    1.954909] usb usb2: SerialNumber: 0000:00:10.0
[    1.955571] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.955669] hub 2-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
[    1.956036] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    1.956062] ehci-pci: EHCI PCI platform driver
[    1.956487] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: EHCI Host Controller
[    1.956503] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
[    1.956514] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: applying AMD SB700/SB800/Hudson-2/3 EHCI dummy qh workaround
[    1.956601] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: debug port 1
[    1.956681] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: irq 17, io mem 0xf0348000
[    1.959085] ACPI: Battery Slot [BAT1] (battery present)
[    1.966914] ehci-pci 0000:00:12.2: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    1.967089] usb usb3: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    1.967095] usb usb3: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.967101] usb usb3: Product: EHCI Host Controller
[    1.967106] usb usb3: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic ehci_hcd
[    1.967110] usb usb3: SerialNumber: 0000:00:12.2
[    1.967807] hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.967834] hub 3-0:1.0: 5 ports detected
[    1.968746] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: EHCI Host Controller
[    1.968766] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 4
[    1.968777] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: applying AMD SB700/SB800/Hudson-2/3 EHCI dummy qh workaround
[    1.968863] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: debug port 1
[    1.968924] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: irq 17, io mem 0xf0346000
[    1.978912] ehci-pci 0000:00:13.2: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    1.979098] usb usb4: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    1.979104] usb usb4: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.979110] usb usb4: Product: EHCI Host Controller
[    1.979115] usb usb4: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic ehci_hcd
[    1.979119] usb usb4: SerialNumber: 0000:00:13.2
[    1.979808] hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.979835] hub 4-0:1.0: 5 ports detected
[    1.980511] ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver
[    1.980547] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
[    1.980572] ohci-pci: OHCI PCI platform driver
[    1.980915] ohci-pci 0000:00:12.0: OHCI PCI host controller
[    1.980932] ohci-pci 0000:00:12.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 5
[    1.980999] ohci-pci 0000:00:12.0: irq 18, io mem 0xf0349000
[    2.039172] usb usb5: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001
[    2.039183] usb usb5: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    2.039189] usb usb5: Product: OHCI PCI host controller
[    2.039194] usb usb5: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic ohci_hcd
[    2.039198] usb usb5: SerialNumber: 0000:00:12.0
[    2.039897] hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    2.039994] hub 5-0:1.0: 5 ports detected
[    2.040882] ohci-pci 0000:00:13.0: OHCI PCI host controller
[    2.040899] ohci-pci 0000:00:13.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 6
[    2.040964] ohci-pci 0000:00:13.0: irq 18, io mem 0xf0347000
[    2.099129] usb usb6: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001
[    2.099140] usb usb6: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    2.099146] usb usb6: Product: OHCI PCI host controller
[    2.099151] usb usb6: Manufacturer: Linux 3.19.0-32-generic ohci_hcd
[    2.099155] usb usb6: SerialNumber: 0000:00:13.0
[    2.099860] hub 6-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    2.099958] hub 6-0:1.0: 5 ports detected
[    2.100591] ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver
[    2.100629] uhci_hcd: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
[    2.100801] i8042: PNP: PS/2 Controller [PNP0303:KBC0,PNP0f13:MSS2] at 0x60,0x64 irq 1,12
[    2.128296] serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
[    2.128310] serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
[    2.129182] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[    2.130697] rtc_cmos 00:01: RTC can wake from S4
[    2.131041] rtc_cmos 00:01: rtc core: registered rtc_cmos as rtc0
[    2.131132] rtc_cmos 00:01: alarms up to one month, 114 bytes nvram, hpet irqs
[    2.131165] i2c /dev entries driver
[    2.131374] device-mapper: uevent: version 1.0.3
[    2.131755] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.29.0-ioctl (2014-10-28) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com
[    2.131800] ledtrig-cpu: registered to indicate activity on CPUs
[    2.132255] PCCT header not found.
[    2.132265] ACPI PCC probe failed.
[    2.132525] TCP: cubic registered
[    2.132847] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[    2.133442] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    2.133477] Key type dns_resolver registered
[    2.134997] Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates
[    2.137921] Loaded X.509 cert 'Magrathea: Glacier signing key: 0c8befe0c1e289e4d8990926117ada3bdfeb419c'
[    2.137964] registered taskstats version 1
[    2.145101] Key type trusted registered
[    2.157896] Key type encrypted registered
[    2.157927] AppArmor: AppArmor sha1 policy hashing enabled
[    2.157938] ima: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!
[    2.158013] evm: HMAC attrs: 0x1
[    2.158892]   Magic number: 13:870:342
[    2.159079] rtc_cmos 00:01: setting system clock to 2017-12-22 18:20:43 UTC (1513966843)
[    2.159311] acpi-cpufreq: overriding BIOS provided _PSD data
[    2.159568] BIOS EDD facility v0.16 2004-Jun-25, 0 devices found
[    2.159572] EDD information not available.
[    2.159804] PM: Hibernation image not present or could not be loaded.
[    2.161175] Freeing unused kernel memory: 1408K (ffffffff81d27000 - ffffffff81e87000)
[    2.161186] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 12288k
[    2.162002] Freeing unused kernel memory: 260K (ffff8800017bf000 - ffff880001800000)
[    2.162435] Freeing unused kernel memory: 340K (ffff880001bab000 - ffff880001c00000)
[    2.162805] input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4
[    2.211516] systemd-udevd[107]: starting version 204
[    2.262769] usb 1-2: new low-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
[    2.268963] ACPI: Video Device [VGA] (multi-head: yes  rom: no  post: no)
[    2.276592] acpi device:00: registered as cooling_device2
[    2.276761] input: Video Bus as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
[    2.278682] usb 3-4: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci
[    2.290673] usb 4-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci
[    2.318993] ahci 0000:00:11.0: version 3.0
[    2.319526] ahci 0000:00:11.0: AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 2 ports 6 Gbps 0x3 impl SATA mode
[    2.319535] ahci 0000:00:11.0: flags: 64bit ncq sntf ilck pm led clo pmp pio slum part 
[    2.320755] [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[    2.336764] scsi host0: ahci
[    2.344147] r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded
[    2.344187] r8169 0000:02:00.0: can't disable ASPM; OS doesn't have ASPM control
[    2.345324] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: RTL8105e at 0xffffc9000067a000, 20:89:84:42:ac:ac, XID 00c00000 IRQ 28
[    2.345409] scsi host1: ahci
[    2.345639] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m2048@0xf034a000 port 0xf034a100 irq 27
[    2.345646] ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m2048@0xf034a000 port 0xf034a180 irq 27
[    2.404073] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
[    2.414543] AMD IOMMUv2 driver by Joerg Roedel <joerg.roedel@amd.com>
[    2.414553] AMD IOMMUv2 functionality not available on this system
[    2.422285] usb 3-4: New USB device found, idVendor=04f2, idProduct=b2e1
[    2.422297] usb 3-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    2.422303] usb 3-4: Product: Lenovo EasyCamera
[    2.422308] usb 3-4: Manufacturer: Vimicro Corp.
[    2.422999] CRAT table not found
[    2.423004] Finished initializing topology ret=0
[    2.423848] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=093a, idProduct=2510
[    2.423861] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    2.423867] usb 1-2: Product: USB Optical Mouse
[    2.423872] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: PixArt
[    2.426173] usb 1-2: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep desc says 80 microframes
[    2.428201] kfd kfd: Initialized module
[    2.429258] checking generic (e0000000 420000) vs hw (e0000000 10000000)
[    2.429268] fb: switching to radeondrmfb from VESA VGA
[    2.429329] Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x25
[    2.431408] [drm] initializing kernel modesetting (PALM 0x1002:0x9802 0x17AA:0x397F).
[    2.431448] [drm] register mmio base: 0xF0300000
[    2.431451] [drm] register mmio size: 262144
[    2.432315] ATOM BIOS: AMD
[    2.432470] radeon 0000:00:01.0: VRAM: 384M 0x0000000000000000 - 0x0000000017FFFFFF (384M used)
[    2.432477] radeon 0000:00:01.0: GTT: 1024M 0x0000000018000000 - 0x0000000057FFFFFF
[    2.432482] [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=384M, BAR=256M
[    2.432485] [drm] RAM width 32bits DDR
[    2.434880] [TTM] Zone  kernel: Available graphics memory: 1803854 kiB
[    2.434889] [TTM] Initializing pool allocator
[    2.434905] [TTM] Initializing DMA pool allocator
[    2.434974] [drm] radeon: 384M of VRAM memory ready
[    2.434978] [drm] radeon: 1024M of GTT memory ready.
[    2.435018] [drm] Loading PALM Microcode
[    2.435172] [drm] Internal thermal controller without fan control
[    2.435304] [drm] Found smc ucode version: 0x00010601
[    2.435398] [drm] radeon: dpm initialized
[    2.435750] [drm] GART: num cpu pages 262144, num gpu pages 262144
[    2.461220] [drm] PCIE GART of 1024M enabled (table at 0x0000000000274000).
[    2.462935] radeon 0000:00:01.0: WB enabled
[    2.462949] radeon 0000:00:01.0: fence driver on ring 0 use gpu addr 0x0000000018000c00 and cpu addr 0xffff880035235c00
[    2.462956] radeon 0000:00:01.0: fence driver on ring 3 use gpu addr 0x0000000018000c0c and cpu addr 0xffff880035235c0c
[    2.463756] radeon 0000:00:01.0: fence driver on ring 5 use gpu addr 0x0000000000072118 and cpu addr 0xffffc90004d32118
[    2.463762] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[    2.463766] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[    2.463771] radeon 0000:00:01.0: radeon: MSI limited to 32-bit
[    2.463887] radeon 0000:00:01.0: radeon: using MSI.
[    2.463996] [drm] radeon: irq initialized.
[    2.483137] [drm] ring test on 0 succeeded in 1 usecs
[    2.483156] [drm] ring test on 3 succeeded in 3 usecs
[    2.530672] usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=0129
[    2.530683] usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    2.530688] usb 4-1: Product: USB2.0-CRW
[    2.530693] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Generic
[    2.530698] usb 4-1: SerialNumber: 20100201396000000
[    2.531255] [drm] ring test on 5 succeeded in 1 usecs
[    2.552134] [drm] UVD initialized successfully.
[    2.553736] [drm] ib test on ring 0 succeeded in 0 usecs
[    2.553785] [drm] ib test on ring 3 succeeded in 0 usecs
[    2.580067] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtsx_usb
[    2.583950] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
[    2.602698] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    2.602707] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    2.609558] input: PixArt USB Optical Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:10.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:093A:2510.0001/input/input8
[    2.610277] hid-generic 0003:093A:2510.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [PixArt USB Optical Mouse] on usb-0000:00:10.0-2/input0
[    2.874732] ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 300)
[    2.878924] ata2: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
[    2.881497] ata1.00: ATA-8: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB, 2AR20002, max UDMA/100
[    2.881508] ata1.00: 1953525168 sectors, multi 16: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
[    2.881916] ata2.00: ATAPI: PLDS DVD-RW DS8A8SH, KL31, max UDMA/100
[    2.888197] ata2.00: configured for UDMA/100
[    2.888272] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/100
[    2.889170] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     ATA      ST1000LM024 HN-M 0002 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[    2.890609] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 1953525168 512-byte logical blocks: (1.00 TB/931 GiB)
[    2.890620] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 4096-byte physical blocks
[    2.890893] sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
[    2.890924] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[    2.890940] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
[    2.891228] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[    2.902744] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 1297.648 MHz
[    2.905635] scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM            PLDS     DVD-RW DS8A8SH   KL31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[    2.946221] sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
[    2.946235] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[    2.946802] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
[    2.947043] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
[    2.968477]  sda: sda1 sda2 < sda5 > sda3
[    2.970024] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[    3.074711] [drm] ib test on ring 5 succeeded
[    3.097454] [drm] Radeon Display Connectors
[    3.097464] [drm] Connector 0:
[    3.097467] [drm]   LVDS-1
[    3.097470] [drm]   HPD1
[    3.097476] [drm]   DDC: 0x6430 0x6430 0x6434 0x6434 0x6438 0x6438 0x643c 0x643c
[    3.097478] [drm]   Encoders:
[    3.097482] [drm]     LCD1: INTERNAL_UNIPHY
[    3.097485] [drm] Connector 1:
[    3.097487] [drm]   HDMI-A-1
[    3.097489] [drm]   HPD2
[    3.097494] [drm]   DDC: 0x6440 0x6440 0x6444 0x6444 0x6448 0x6448 0x644c 0x644c
[    3.097496] [drm]   Encoders:
[    3.097499] [drm]     DFP1: INTERNAL_UNIPHY
[    3.097501] [drm] Connector 2:
[    3.097503] [drm]   VGA-1
[    3.097507] [drm]   DDC: 0x64d8 0x64d8 0x64dc 0x64dc 0x64e0 0x64e0 0x64e4 0x64e4
[    3.097510] [drm]   Encoders:
[    3.097512] [drm]     CRT1: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1
[    3.588847] [drm] fb mappable at 0xE0478000
[    3.588858] [drm] vram apper at 0xE0000000
[    3.588861] [drm] size 4325376
[    3.588864] [drm] fb depth is 24
[    3.588868] [drm]    pitch is 5632
[    3.589392] fbcon: radeondrmfb (fb0) is primary device
[    3.589475] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
[    3.589547] radeon 0000:00:01.0: fb0: radeondrmfb frame buffer device
[    3.589552] radeon 0000:00:01.0: registered panic notifier
[    3.594554] [drm:radeon_acpi_init [radeon]] *ERROR* Cannot find a backlight controller
[    3.594665] [drm] Initialized radeon 2.40.0 20080528 for 0000:00:01.0 on minor 0
[    3.659822] psmouse serio1: elantech: assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x450f02)
[    3.691202] psmouse serio1: elantech: Synaptics capabilities query result 0x78, 0x17, 0x0b.
[    3.868251] input: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input7
[    3.911424] Switched to clocksource tsc
[    4.015637] EXT4-fs (sda1): INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
[    4.015650] EXT4-fs (sda1): write access will be enabled during recovery
[    5.367811] EXT4-fs (sda1): orphan cleanup on readonly fs
[    5.368018] EXT4-fs (sda1): 2 orphan inodes deleted
[    5.368023] EXT4-fs (sda1): recovery complete
[    5.543553] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    5.836090] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
[   13.135476] Adding 3906556k swap on /dev/sda3.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:3906556k FS
[   13.443468] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted. Opts: errors=remount-ro
[   13.500275] systemd-udevd[329]: starting version 204
[   13.725002] lp: driver loaded but no devices found
[   13.757413] ppdev: user-space parallel port driver
[   14.006189] input: Ideapad extra buttons as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.3/PNP0C09:00/VPC2004:00/input/input9
[   14.097920] ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x0000000000000b00-0x0000000000000b07 conflicts with OpRegion 0x0000000000000b00-0x0000000000000b0f (\_SB_.PCI0.SMBS.SMB0) (20141107/utaddress-258)
[   14.097941] ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use it instead of the native driver
[   14.130375] shpchp: Standard Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.4
[   14.154040] bcma: bus0: Found chip with id 0x4313, rev 0x01 and package 0x08
[   14.154081] bcma: bus0: Core 0 found: ChipCommon (manuf 0x4BF, id 0x800, rev 0x24, class 0x0)
[   14.154108] bcma: bus0: Core 1 found: IEEE 802.11 (manuf 0x4BF, id 0x812, rev 0x18, class 0x0)
[   14.154155] bcma: bus0: Core 2 found: PCIe (manuf 0x4BF, id 0x820, rev 0x11, class 0x0)
[   14.176037] bcma: bus0: Bus registered
[   14.390092] kvm: disabled by bios
[   14.633610] sound hdaudioC0D0: CX20590: BIOS auto-probing.
[   14.634228] sound hdaudioC0D0: autoconfig: line_outs=1 (0x1f/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:speaker
[   14.634234] sound hdaudioC0D0:    speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   14.634241] sound hdaudioC0D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x19/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   14.634245] sound hdaudioC0D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
[   14.634250] sound hdaudioC0D0:    inputs:
[   14.634256] sound hdaudioC0D0:      Internal Mic=0x1b
[   14.634261] sound hdaudioC0D0:      Mic=0x1a
[   14.641234] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
[   14.650280] input: HD-Audio Generic Mic as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.2/sound/card0/input10
[   14.650674] input: HD-Audio Generic Headphone as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.2/sound/card0/input11
[   14.654350] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
[   14.687488] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device Lenovo EasyCamera (04f2:b2e1)
[   14.692664] input: Lenovo EasyCamera as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.0/input/input12
[   14.693007] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo
[   14.693012] USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
[   15.234926] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[   15.320060] Support for cores revisions 0x17 and 0x18 disabled by module param allhwsupport=0. Try b43.allhwsupport=1
[   15.320082] b43: probe of bcma0:1 failed with error -524
[   15.323140] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PNL ]
[   15.360736] brcmsmac bcma0:1: mfg 4bf core 812 rev 24 class 0 irq 17
[   15.379980] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   15.380897] ieee80211 phy0: registered radio enabled led device: brcmsmac-phy0:radio gpio: 499
[   15.436445] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[   15.436462] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: unset
[   15.436467] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   15.436475] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   15.436481] cfg80211:   (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   15.436486] cfg80211:   (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   15.436491] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   15.436496] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   32.864182] EXT4-fs (sda5): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[   33.376578] init: failsafe main process (640) killed by TERM signal
[   33.824948] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.20
[   33.825020] NET: Registered protocol family 31
[   33.825024] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[   33.826624] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[   33.826640] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[   33.826668] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[   33.840713] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
[   33.840740] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
[   33.840759] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
[   33.850646] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[   33.850657] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[   33.850668] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
[   34.264331] init: cups main process (719) killed by HUP signal
[   34.264367] init: cups main process ended, respawning
[   36.371760] init: samba-ad-dc main process (825) terminated with status 1
[   36.748523] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: link down
[   36.748877] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   37.023625] brcmsmac bcma0:1: brcms_ops_bss_info_changed: qos enabled: false (implement)
[   37.023650] brcmsmac bcma0:1: brcms_ops_config: change power-save mode: false (implement)
[   37.024417] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[   37.798145] init: plymouth-upstart-bridge main process ended, respawning
[   37.823774] init: plymouth-upstart-bridge main process (1089) terminated with status 1
[   37.823813] init: plymouth-upstart-bridge main process ended, respawning
[   39.448242] init: plymouth-stop pre-start process (1339) terminated with status 1
[  137.920341] wlan0: authenticate with 50:6a:03:15:65:19
[  137.925664] wlan0: send auth to 50:6a:03:15:65:19 (try 1/3)
[  137.931023] wlan0: authenticated
[  137.933273] wlan0: associate with 50:6a:03:15:65:19 (try 1/3)
[  137.939785] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 50:6a:03:15:65:19 (capab=0x411 status=0 aid=3)
[  137.940375] brcmsmac bcma0:1: brcmsmac: brcms_ops_bss_info_changed: associated
[  137.940385] brcmsmac bcma0:1: brcms_ops_bss_info_changed: qos enabled: true (implement)
[  137.940422] wlan0: associated
[  137.940512] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[  137.940653] cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: GB
[  137.946571] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 159/256 dur 1778/1504
[  137.956638] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 137/256 dur 1602/1504
[  138.131938] cfg80211: Regulatory domain changed to country: GB
[  138.131952] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: unset
[  138.131956] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[  138.131963] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[  138.131968] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[  138.131974] cfg80211:   (5250000 KHz - 5330000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (0 s)
[  138.131979] cfg80211:   (5490000 KHz - 5710000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2700 mBm), (0 s)
[  138.131984] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 65880000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 4000 mBm), (N/A)
[  138.407360] brcmsmac bcma0:1: brcms_ops_bss_info_changed: arp filtering: 1 addresses (implement)
[  173.276129] Valid eCryptfs headers not found in file header region or xattr region, inode 15232598
[  718.235227] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
[ 1318.162493] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
[ 1918.087176] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
[ 2518.013988] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
[ 3117.938751] brcmsmac bcma0:1: wl0: brcms_c_d11hdrs_mac80211:  txop exceeded phylen 153/256 dur 1730/1504
Jack Winter writes: If you have a systemd system, you could try journalctl -f instead.
Nope. Doesn't work: journalctl -f command not recognised. So I guess systemd system is not included. But your continuing support is greatly appreciated!

Veerstryngh Thynner
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

None of the above shows anything interesting to me. The idea is to have something open that outputs the messages from the kernel when the system goes down. If you are lucky it might output something that gives an indication of what goes wrong when it hangs/crashes.

But see if you can't figure out how to boot from a cd/dvd/usb to run a memory test.