[ANN] LSP Plugins 1.0.24 release is available

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins 1.0.24 release is available

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:I've been running Ardour with LSP ParametricEQ (lv2) launched with valgrind for an hour now with no issues. :?
And what happens when you're adding Drumgizmo?
Also, do you run it with memcheck tool enabled?
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sadko4u wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:I've been running Ardour with LSP ParametricEQ (lv2) launched with valgrind for an hour now with no issues. :?
And what happens when you're adding Drumgizmo?
Also, do you run it with memcheck tool enabled?
yes it was running with DrumGizmo but the memcheck enabled I'm not sure.
I ran it like this: valgrind --leak-check=full ardour5
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Again, just in case it helps someone: now Ardour 5.9 is on the KXStudio repositories and I tried a similar set up, with a drum MIDI track using Drumgizmo. (I had also tried it with 5.8.)

I did not have any problems with the LSP plugins. Drumgizmo itself made Ardour (5.8 and 5.9) crash a few times when I tried to open its interface, but I could open the project and play it without problems. I could open and change the LSP plugin (parametric EQ -- 16 band I think) and change it without problems.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

finotti wrote:Again, just in case it helps someone: now Ardour 5.9 is on the KXStudio repositories and I tried a similar set up, with a drum MIDI track using Drumgizmo. (I had also tried it with 5.8.)

I did not have any problems with the LSP plugins. Drumgizmo itself made Ardour (5.8 and 5.9) crash a few times when I tried to open its interface, but I could open the project and play it without problems. I could open and change the LSP plugin (parametric EQ -- 16 band I think) and change it without problems.
I am currently going to set up a project and instead of sending drumgizmo to bus tracks I will actually record them and then remove the DG plugin and midi track and then load up the LSP equalizers and see if that makes a difference..
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

There seems to be something wrong when automating the wet control of the Impulse Reverb Stereo in ardour 5.9. It seems to only allow levels of certain amounts and the points it does allow are very wide apart.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

sysrqer wrote:There seems to be something wrong when automating the wet control of the Impulse Reverb Stereo in ardour 5.9. It seems to only allow levels of certain amounts and the points it does allow are very wide apart.
Emmm? Maybe it's Ardour-related problem? Wet is a simple gain control that can be set to any value between 0 and 100. 1 means 0dB level.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

sadko4u wrote: Emmm? Maybe it's Ardour-related problem? Wet is a simple gain control that can be set to any value between 0 and 100. 1 means 0dB level.
I'm not sure, I haven't seen this with any other plugins. It only seems to be the gain controls which do this, same with the compressor and the other impulse plugin.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

sysrqer wrote: I'm not sure, I haven't seen this with any other plugins. It only seems to be the gain controls which do this, same with the compressor and the other impulse plugin.
I think I should look at this and ask Ardour devs.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

sysrqer wrote:There seems to be something wrong when automating the wet control of the Impulse Reverb Stereo in ardour 5.9. It seems to only allow levels of certain amounts and the points it does allow are very wide apart.
FWIW, I can confirm this. (The ir.lv2, for instance, does not have this problem.)
forestandgarden
Established Member

Post by forestandgarden »

Emmm? Maybe it's Ardour-related problem?
Emmm, maybe that soon will be the standard educated guess considering ardour vs. lv2 plugin clashes? I've certainly seen more of these since upgrading beyond ardour3, I also see a trend to simply blacklist plugins. But I must admit that I lack the means for systematic testing, ardour changes, the plugins change, underlying libraries change, my low-end equipment changes..
What you could always do, is trying the same plugins in other hosts - e.g. qtractor, carla - in the same system, and it should be easy to see whether bugs like the gain control graduation problem persist. You could then again load more plugins & do things that put your system nearer the limit to see what crashes when&how and draw at least some conclusions from that comparison.
some of my stuff is ending up here https://alooshu.byethost17.com and here https://clyp.it/user/i4p5dng1 , and you can love me at https://liberapay.com/aloo_shu
TraumFlug
Established Member

Post by TraumFlug »

I still experience the laggy graphics with renoise 3.1 on xubuntu 16.04.

For example the steren (non sc) limiter at first seems ok, but as soon as audio runs through the graphics get choppy, and the gui becomes very laggy in response. All plugins are affected, but it seems like the more realtime graph info is in them the stronger the problems can get. feeding silence makes it snappy again. In windowed mode (renoise's) the problem seems not as strong at first than in fullscreen mode, but will develop within a short time on my system.

I remember doing short testing 1.0.23 with ardour, and there the guis were totally fluent and reactive.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

I'm currently working on new implementation of widgets. Probably we'll get soon new UI for plugins.