New UI

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

deva
Established Member

New UI

Post by deva »

First baby step in the direction of the new UI for the 0.9.13 release.

Code for a new tab widget has been made but not yet inserted into the window... to be continued :-)
deva
Established Member

Re: New UI

Post by deva »

Oh and I completely forgot to mention that while muldjord is hard at work with the design stuff I'm working on something completely different although also UI related: http://www.aasimon.org/public/cocoa_ui.mkv
chaot4
Established Member

Post by chaot4 »

Great! :) Keep up the good work.
chaot4
Established Member

Post by chaot4 »

We're comming closer and closer to completing our new GUI. Here's a quick teaser of the current status:
new_gui_wip.png
new_gui_wip.png (45.77 KiB) Viewed 8199 times
Yes, you all should be super excited about the 0.9.13 release. :D
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

nice!!!! can't wait!
what about the Master Bleed control seen here?

will it be in Version 0.9.13 also?
muldjord
Established Member

Post by muldjord »

The master bleed control will be added in a future unspecified release. We still need to discuss which internally on the team. But it's not far off, since it is something we think is quite easy to do BUT it also demands a small change to the file format. The master bleed slider should only affect instruments that actually need the bleed control. For instance, you WANT all instruments to bleed into overheads and ambience. But you don't want hihat to bleed into snare. So we need to mark which are affected in the drumkit xml file. It should be pretty straightforward, but it's also something we need to figure out before implementing it.

So, bottom line, bleed control is one of the items at the top of the list, but we need to work some minor stuff out before implementing it. :)
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

muldjord wrote:The master bleed control will be added in a future unspecified release. We still need to discuss which internally on the team. But it's not far off, since it is something we think is quite easy to do BUT it also demands a small change to the file format. The master bleed slider should only affect instruments that actually need the bleed control. For instance, you WANT all instruments to bleed into overheads and ambience. But you don't want hihat to bleed into snare. So we need to mark which are affected in the drumkit xml file. It should be pretty straightforward, but it's also something we need to figure out before implementing it.

So, bottom line, bleed control is one of the items at the top of the list, but we need to work some minor stuff out before implementing it. :)
yep, that's exactly where I fight with the bleeding, hats into the snare, kick and toms and hats into the overhead. It's just a bit louder than the cymbals that I'd mute the hats track and still hear the hats dominating in the overheads.
It's only really with this DRSKit kit. It's your most versatile so I use it the most.

Awesome news and seriously great work guys!!