Linux DSP on Ardour

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

end117
Established Member

Linux DSP on Ardour

Post by end117 »

I guys

I have Ardour 3 and i'm trying some Linux DSP (dounloaded from http://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/)
I like they but i'm not able to open these VST/Plugin directly from the Ardour's mixer like I open normally a Calf plugin for example....you know, by right click on a track (before or after fader) and choosing add new plug in

I tried the same thing about 1 year ago and if i'm not wrong i remember that was possible but I don't remember how :( :( :(

Can someone help me?

Massimo
juki
Established Member

Re: Linux DSP on Ardour

Post by juki »

Hi. I think you should contact their support to find an appropriate help : support@overtonedsp.co.uk
end117
Established Member

Post by end117 »

Hi

I have contact overtone e they said that Linux DSP are native plugin for Ardour3 and of course what I asked is possible, but they don't say me how.
I've send another mail...and whait the answer....

In the meantime if someone can and want help me, can do it

tnx
ssj71
Established Member

Post by ssj71 »

Does ardour require a special build option for native vst support? I think its an option at compile time due to some licencing of VST. I'm not sure though. How did you install ardour? You might try testing with carla just to see if its an ardour problem or some other issue with your system.
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

make sure your plugins are in the correct directory.

If you have kx studio you can use cadence to set custom plugin directorys.

im pretty sure linux dsp plugins come in both vst and lv2 format unless when they switched to overtone ditched lv2 and went with vst

maybe you should try adding the kx studo repos, as linux dsp plugins are included
tripomatic
Established Member

Post by tripomatic »

I don't know what version that you use of ardour, but with the git-version you can't set up the vst plugin directory from the preferences window.
varpa
Established Member

Post by varpa »

The Overtone VSTs are linux VSTs and are supported by Ardour without special compilation options.
Newer versions of Ardour require you to scan for new plugins which you do with menu option Edit->Preferences->Plugins.