drumkv1: what are the A and B buttons for?

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bluebell
Established Member

drumkv1: what are the A and B buttons for?

Post by bluebell »

Hi all,

I am too stupid to find out the intended use of the A and B button. When I change a parm while having A active, switch to B and then back to A, then the parm is reset to the value before the change.

Regards
Holger

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

rncbc
Established Member

Re: drumkv1: what are the A and B buttons for?

Post by rncbc »

bluebell wrote:I am too stupid to find out the intended use of the A and B button. When I change a parm while having A active, switch to B and then back to A, then the parm is reset to the value before the change.
dang! if there's any stupidity hanging out there it's all to blame on me :S

sorry. the A/B buttons are supposed to switch states as of parameter settings between current and alternate. yes, to make on-the-fly A/B comparisons when you're about trying changes as in sound design... alas, it is currently borked up, beyhond recognition of any sort--i don't even dare to give an excuse, it's really broken, that's it! :/

in the meantime, please don't touch the A/B buttons, they don't really work as expected--it could have been working right before on some previous versions, but on the latest v0.5.1 it's just SNAFU, sorry again :)

cheers

ps. the snafu applies to all vee-ones, not only drumkv1. well, a few tests are telling me that v0.5.0 were working ok--it's a dang bug introduced in v0.5.1.
rncbc
Established Member

Re: drumkv1: what are the A and B buttons for?

Post by rncbc »

rncbc wrote:ps. the snafu applies to all vee-ones, not only drumkv1. well, a few tests are telling me that v0.5.0 were working ok--it's a dang bug introduced in v0.5.1.
fixed on svn trunk v0.5.1.2 for all vee-one's

jftr. the introduction of an additional decimal digit on most parameter knobs was the offender. that and my sloppy testing routines ;)

hth.
cheers