lexicon omega

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hlblyhipy
Established Member

lexicon omega

Post by hlblyhipy »

Hi,i need help with a lexicon omega.Ive been searching for a solution to my problem for a while now with no luck.I have a lexicon omega running with ubuntu studio.I am able to record 2 channels simultaneously and with very good results.The lexicon is able to record 4 channels at once.In my case i can record on channels 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2.When i start jack and try to set my channel count to 4 i get an error:Alsa cant set channel count to 4.Any help would be greatly appreciated
artek
Established Member

Re: lexicon omega

Post by artek »

It seems that this interface won't work with 4 duplex channels (8 channels in sum).
I think you have to start jackd in capture mode -C to get 4 recording channels.

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=15
i2productions
Established Member

Re: lexicon omega

Post by i2productions »

I had one of these for about 3 years til it died from overuse. Never had a problem just setting JACK defaults in it and recording with all 4 simultaneously. Hell, i got it to record 4 tracks(very unstablely) on embedded linux in raspberry pi. It's definitely possible,(or at least used to be.) Can't confirm, but just giving my experience. It was a great card while it lasted!