Hi from Niagara

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Grep
Established Member

Hi from Niagara

Post by Grep »

:D
I am very happy now that I have finally found this url,trough the link from post on 64studio forum. I think that creating place like this one is brilliant idea,thanks for making it possible.Before I dig into the reading , learning,and sharing just a few words about myself. I live in Ontario for the past ten years and currently I work as an IT professional using Linux 90% of the time.I am also part time Musician,playing small local gigs. I am using Linux for all of my computing for the the past six years, and whenever I get a chance I am informing others about benefits of Linux.Just like many of you I am constantly burning Linux ISO"s and giving them away.I am not a Linux guru, just enthusiast and my interest in Linux and Open Source is just like my interest in Music, stronger and stronger every day.I am still recording trough my old Soundblaster live rack( 8 years old and I am thinking about purchasing Firepod) but feed comes from Fender Cybertwin SE guitar amplifier,straight from tube preamp and SPDF so I can record stereo track In Ardour that sounds decent.Recently I have been adding bass track and Hydrogen sampled drums to my recordings .There is still so much I need to learn about sampling drums properly but knowing that any of us can make a recording studio from own bedroom and on a budget is a amazing thing for any Linux Musician out there,
Thanks again for letting me join
:D
ntnunk
Established Member

Re: Hi from Niagara

Post by ntnunk »

Welcome aboard, and what do you mean "letting you join?" We're happy to have you! :D
Grep
Established Member

Post by Grep »

Thanks ntnunk !

Feels like coming home. I am recording on Debian based systems since 2006,currently using 64Studio,looking forward to share my recordings with others. :D
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

welcome \o/
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
Grep
Established Member

Post by Grep »

Vielen Dank khz :D

I have already enjoyed warm welcome from people from your Country during my staying there,for 8 wonderful years.I am still in contact with my German friends.
unohu62
Established Member

Post by unohu62 »

Hey Grep, Robert here. I also a musician/linux hobbyist living in the Niagara Region. Welland to be exact. It's encouraging to find local ppl in my neck of the woods. Is their any sort of Linux and or Linux audio users groups in this area. If so, I'd be interested talking with local ppl and picking their brains in setting up a good DAW under either Ubuntu, Fedora or Vector Linux.

Hope we can chat more some time.

Regards,
Robert
Grep
Established Member

Post by Grep »

Hi Robert!
Great to hear from you.There is active Linux user group in the region.
http://groups.google.ca/group/niagara-area-linux-users
http://www.meetup.com/The-Niagara-Linux-Users-Meetup/
We will meet again on Tue Feb 02. If you find some time to check it out we will have chance to talk about Linux based DAW. :D
Ed
unohu62
Established Member

Post by unohu62 »

Kewl, I'll be @ the March meetup Ed, thx for letting me know about the Niagara LUG. Hope to see ya there.

Regards,
Robert
Grep
Established Member

Post by Grep »

You are most welcome. I will be there.