Record made w/ Ardour2, Sonatina samples, etc.

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Dan Easley
Established Member

Record made w/ Ardour2, Sonatina samples, etc.

Post by Dan Easley »

I recently set Robert Louis Stevenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses" to music - 68 pieces spanning two-and-a-half hours.

It's freely available for download/streaming at http://shakealegrecords.com/release/chi ... den-verses

I used Ardour 2.x, LinuxSampler (with the Sonatina Orchestra samples), Hydrogen, IR, Aeolus, and plugins by Steve Harris, Pere Rafols Soler, David Yeh, Tim Goetze, and Invada.

Many, many thanks to the developers responsible for these wonderful tools.

There was no programming or sequencing: synthetic/sampled instruments were simply played on a small keyboard. I also played acoustic and electric guitars, an accordion, a bit of percussion, and, on one track, a theremin I made from a kit by PAIA.
Chipfryer
Established Member

Re: Record made w/ Ardour2, Sonatina samples, etc.

Post by Chipfryer »

I listened to quite a few of these just now. I was very impressed I have to say. Your artwork is also wonderful, did you complete this too, or did you get someone along and create that for you?
Best wishes, excellent stuff.
Chippy
Dan Easley
Established Member

Post by Dan Easley »

Thanks, Chippy!

For the artwork I used public domain images from Project Gutenberg publications of the collection.
Chipfryer
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Thank you very much, sorry it took me so long to reply. I'll have a look at these.
Best wishes.
Chippy
Dan Easley wrote:Thanks, Chippy!

For the artwork I used public domain images from Project Gutenberg publications of the collection.