Ubuntu 12.10 wineasio setup

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

drfreq
Established Member

Ubuntu 12.10 wineasio setup

Post by drfreq »

hello,

i have allready installed wineasio once, some years ago... today i want to do so again, but i am getting lost...

i need help from the beginning, as i mentioned i use ubuntu 12.10 64 Bit and not 12.04 32 Bit or so. neither compiling works nor kxstudio repositories

thanks
drfreq
Established Member

Re: Ubuntu 12.10 wineasio setup

Post by drfreq »

i am putting all my hope into the kxstudio repositories.. so i have added every single repositorie into ubuntu, when i make apt-get update i get the following error:

Code: Select all

W: GPG-Fehler: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net quantal Release: Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY 2D3445A829213837
W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/repo/dists/quantal/free/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/repo/dists/quantal/non-free/source/Sources  404  Not Found

E: Einige Indexdateien konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden. Sie wurden ignoriert oder alte an ihrer Stelle benutzt.
drfreq
Established Member

Post by drfreq »

i will try that, thank you
drfreq
Established Member

Post by drfreq »

first i removed all the stuff i have done so far, then i have followed your steps, which all worked.. then i made

regsvr32 wineasio.dll
wine64 regsvr32 wineasio.dll
after that i have reinstalled qjackctl and as lucky as i am it workes, thank you very much. now i can use the clavia nord modular g2 demo and route it into renoise...
rumos
Established Member

Post by rumos »

Hello,

I got a "problem" with wineasio too. I'm on Xubuntu 13.04 and installed the kxstudio repositorys (My Wine Version is 1.4.1). After that I installed wineasio and registered it with:

regsvr32 wineasio.dll
wine64 regsvr32 wineasio.dll

It worked without problems but when I open the Wine configuration under Audio Tab, there is no Setting available for configuring Wineasio. It's just showing winealsa.drv as driver.

Strangely when I started the Demo of Guitar Rig, I'm was able to choose Wineasio in the Preferences. Therefore I had to activate the ASLA -> PulseAudio -> Jack Plugin Brigde under Cadence!

Is this normal? Aren't there anymore any settings to choose in the Wine Configuration Audio Tab?

Thanks in advance!
rumos
Established Member

Post by rumos »

Hello falkTX,

many thanks for your answer :) This will be a good start for me dig a little deeper into the stuff.
Things are working for me, but to be honest, I don't really understand that whole ALSA, Pulseaudio JackD thing.
So I don't really get how it is possible that a wine application can know about the WineASIO driver although it's not
shown in it's preferences of the winecfg-tool. Or is the information about the drivers lying in the registry? (-> Shouldn't then
there be an entry in the Audio Tab?)

Do you have a hint for me where to start reading? (except google :D )
rumos
Established Member

Post by rumos »

Okay things are a bit clearer now. Thanks again for your help! :)