NEW TRACK - The internet, and its viruses.

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Retro Banana
Established Member

NEW TRACK - The internet, and its viruses.

Post by Retro Banana »

Hello, forum world, I have created a loop-based experimental track for When Keyboards Attack. I'm playing with the idea of a song switching genres between the verse and chorus. The verse is a soft ballad-style tune, and the chorus is dubstep. You can listen for free at http://retrobanana.bandcamp.com/track/t ... ts-viruses or buy it for at least $1.00 if you liked it.
Retro Banana
Established Member

Re: NEW TRACK - The internet, and its viruses.

Post by Retro Banana »

You may now listen to this song on Soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/retro-banana/the ... -viruses-1. Enjoy!
DoosC
Established Member

Post by DoosC »

Hey ! I like the concept of this track 8)
Also I think you can make it even better (it is just my opinion and one may think just the opposite and that is fine) :
- the fade-in seems a little be to long to me
- there should be no drums (or much quieter drums) before 0:47
- the transition with the modem sound doesn't do justice to the track so you may consider removing it
- the dubstep part isn't aggressive enough, the wobble should be louder and the drums should have a blowing kick
- the arpeggio of the ballad part is awesome but could be even more by modulating the low pass filter a little bit
- I'm not a fan of fading out the end of a song, maybe you could build a great finale by having a progressively faster switch between ballad and dubstep and something like a blast at the end

Don't misunderstand me, I like that track a lot and I wish I could have done it myself but I feel it stills has potential to expand ! :D
By the way which synths did you use ?
Last edited by DoosC on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| DoosC |
Retro Banana
Established Member

Post by Retro Banana »

DoosC wrote:Hey ! I like the concept of this track 8)
Also I think you can make it even better (it is just my opinion and one may think just the opposite and that is fine) :
- the fade-in seems a little be to long to me
- there should be no drums (or much quieter drums) before 0:47
- the transition with the modem sound doesn't do justice to the track so you may consider removing it
- the dubstep part isn't aggressive enough, the wobble should be louder and the drums should have a blowing kick
- the arpeggio of the ballad part is awesome but could be even more by modulating the low pass filter a little bit
- I'm not a fan of fading out the end of a song, maybe you could build a great finale by having a progressively faster between ballad and dubstep and something like a blast at the end

Don't misunderstand me, I like that track a lot and I wish I could have done it myself but I feel it stills has potential to expand ! :D
By the way which synths did you use ?
In response to the second-to-last question, this song was made with samples. It would be near impossible to change the original sample.
The last question...I wanted the song to end how it began.

But that's why it's called experimental. Thank you for your honesty!