announcements/ news

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

studio32

announcements/ news

Post by studio32 »

Maybe someone (moderator) could track the news on linuxaudio.org and the LAA (linux audio anouncements) mailinglist, to post interesting developments in the topic anouncements.

very usefull and news always attracks new people ;)

http://lad.linuxaudio.org/subscribe/laa.html
Last edited by studio32 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

I like the idea of news discussion...I'll create a new topic! I think we should keep in mind this is currently discussion forum first...news-tracking may follow later in the form of a blog or something to that effect. But I think users discussion news they fit is great!

As far the Announcements topic goes, I think we'll keep that to LM posts.

Also, I noticed you're posting links to a lot of great resources! I think that's awesome...I will definitely be putting a wiki for this sort of thing in the coming weeks. Thanks!!
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:I like the idea of news discussion...I'll create a new topic! I think we should keep in mind this is currently discussion forum first...news-tracking may follow later in the form of a blog or something to that effect. But I think users discussion news they fit is great!

As far the Announcements topic goes, I think we'll keep that to LM posts.

Also, I noticed you're posting links to a lot of great resources! I think that's awesome...I will definitely be putting a wiki for this sort of thing in the coming weeks. Thanks!!
Oh I thought announcements was the part where devs could post there new software... and because not many knows this site yet... I thought it would be a great idea to keep track of the laa list and linuxaudio.org, to post new releases...

edit: maybe you can remove hardware reviews and keep only hardware general.... and add a news topic
But I also can imagine that you want a topic for news about the forum...
studio32

Post by studio32 »

I think the news topic is better to have somewhere at the top of the forum, maybe unther announcements?

And music discussion can better take place in music.... news should be only about new and coming releases...
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nice :)

Isn't it possible to get the announcements of the LAA mailinglist, directly in the news topic on the forum....

Or does the moderator want to keep track of the LAA list and post the news on the forum?
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

I think it's up to the users as far what you would like to discuss there. I think the best way would be to point people to the linux audio mailing list and advise them to subscribe.