Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

schivmeister
Established Member

Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Post by schivmeister »

Ok it's been bugging me for a while although I don't use this nice program, what's the state of DSSI and instruments?

* If it has support for DSSI, which I have understood til now as being a standard for "instruments", then why can't it load DSSI's default softsynths?

* Is the DSSI-VST support at this stage only for effect plug-ins? I've read that, Rui mentioned it, but I don't see futher news of its progress.

So I gather that Qtractor has support for LADSPA and VST effects only. I really don't know what DSSI support means here.
studio32

Re: Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Post by studio32 »

schivmeister wrote:I really don't know what DSSI support means here.
I don't know either.... anyone?
brummer

Post by brummer »

schivmeister wrote:* If it has support for DSSI, which I have understood til now as being a standard for "instruments", then why can't it load DSSI's default softsynths?
No prob here, I can load all my dssi synths in Qtractor mixer.
schivmeister wrote:* Is the DSSI-VST support at this stage only for effect plug-ins? I've read that, Rui mentioned it, but I don't see futher news of its progress.
no prob, can load my vst's and vsti's (instruments) with dssi-vst in qtractor.
schivmeister wrote:So I gather that Qtractor has support for LADSPA and VST effects only. I really don't know what DSSI support means here.
I have check out the latest cvs version, all you have ask for is working. do you look at this site ?
http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/

brummer
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

schivmeister, the version of dssi-vst I uploaded to the Arch proaudio google coding site and dssi from the Arch extra repo works with Qtractor which runs vst and vsti fine.
I think you uploaded Qtractor to the google coding site.