dynamic equalizer

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: dynamic equalizer

Post by funkmuscle »

reEQ not to be confused with reaEQ But they are both JS plugins. YSFX is hit and miss so I don't really use it but I love that equalizer. If only the guy that makes a lot of JS plugins would update the YSFX that would be awesome but I have no way of getting in touch with this guy no matter how much I've tried. Anyone has experience with that plugin? I think that ZL equalizer is aiming to be something like that one which would be awesome. Doesn't LSP have a dynamic EQ? I've checked but I couldn't find one but I've asked questions before saying I've looked for stuff and you guys just pop up and say here it is so that's why I'm double checking.

elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:31 pm

Doesn't LSP have a dynamic EQ?

Not at this time, unfortunately. The LSP EQs are pretty good and I've used them a lot, but dynamic EQ isn't a feature they've added yet. Maybe some day.

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Been messing around with ZL now. I think the reason mine was acting up is that I was using an older version. I had it on my system the first time I heard about it which is going back about a month and a half ago but as I checked the website it's been recently updated like 3 or 4 days ago.

It's a lot more stable now but I'm still trying to figure out how to use the freaking thing outside of just being an equalizer which is the easy part because you double click and you got the dot and move it around.

elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

funkmuscle wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:15 pm

Been messing around with ZL now. I think the reason mine was acting up is that I was using an older version. I had it on my system the first time I heard about it which is going back about a month and a half ago but as I checked the website it's been recently updated like 3 or 4 days ago.

It's a lot more stable now but I'm still trying to figure out how to use the freaking thing outside of just being an equalizer which is the easy part because you double click and you got the dot and move it around.

The website has some fairly thorough instructions (https://zl-audio.github.io/plugins/zlequalizer/). It's the little sine wave looking button in the bottom middle part that toggles the dynamic feature on. Not the most intuitive, I know! :)

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Thanks. I will check that out..

usernameinuse

Post by usernameinuse »

sunrat, what WINE components did you install to get TDR Nova to run please? It's the only VST I have that won't open in Reaper. Literally freezes my entire computer and I have to hardware reset.

sunrat wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:27 am

I had been using TDR Nova via LinVST for ages, but recently Auburn Sounds Lens (native Linux) instead for most things.

sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

usernameinuse wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:10 pm

sunrat, what WINE components did you install to get TDR Nova to run please? It's the only VST I have that won't open in Reaper. Literally freezes my entire computer and I have to hardware reset.

sunrat wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:27 am

I had been using TDR Nova via LinVST for ages, but recently Auburn Sounds Lens (native Linux) instead for most things.

I really don't remember, it was set up years ago. Probably it was wine-stable 6.4 but I just checked and currently have v.8.0 from Debian repo.
I totally screwed up my WINE installation ages ago and it runs almost nothing but somehow TDR Nova still works.
I can recommend ZL Equalizer after using it a few more times. The interface is a little strange but it works well once you understand it. And it is VST3, should work in Reaper.