Bot Etiquette

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

merlyn
Established Member

Re: Bot Etiquette

Post by merlyn »

raboof wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:52 pm

... I'm not sure we should ban LLM output outright (I wouldn't always be able to tell the difference anyway...), but I do think we should expect posters to have personally verified the correctness of their posts before posting. WDYT, is that something we should add to our rules, or should this be obvious without making it explicit?

As far as I'm aware there are LinuxMusicians guidelines. I don't think it would be necessary to add anything to deal specifically with LLM output.

Forum guidelines, rules or the five pillars of Wikipedia can be summarised as 'don't be a dick'. :D So a guideline could be added that says 'don't be a dick and point your LLM bot at our forum', but it's not necessary, and unscrupulous types who are letting bots loose on the internet would ignore it anyway.

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

sunrat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:49 pm

I'm an admin at another busy Linux forum, also using phpBB. We have a policy to not allow AI generated posts unless they are relevant, useful, and specifically declared as AI posts.
I use https://gptzero.me/ to scan any suspect post and there are several other AI detection sites. This post for example shows as 99% probability to be AI and the account would get an instant week or month ban -
viewtopic.php?p=168571#p168571

These ones are plain spam, not necessarily a bot. They would get instant account deletion -
viewtopic.php?p=168325#p168325
viewtopic.php?p=167917#p167917
viewtopic.php?p=166890#p166890
viewtopic.php?p=168575#p168575

As @khz said, report suspect posts to the admin/mod team using the report button. I don't read every post and they probably don't either.

What is the other linux music site that you refer to? I’m only aware of Linuxmusicians. I’m always interested in additional sources of information. 🙂

sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Audiojunkie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:44 pm

What is the other linux music site that you refer to? I’m only aware of Linuxmusicians. I’m always interested in additional sources of information. 🙂

Debian User Forums. I didn't say it's a music site.