Sinuslabs REACH just got updated :)

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Sinuslabs
Established Member

Sinuslabs REACH just got updated :)

Post by Sinuslabs »

Hey, this is Oskar from Sinuslabs.

I am a Audio Plugin Developer and I release my tools with native Linux support. I am a long time linux user so supporting that tricky OS is a priority.
I build a beautiful Reverb VST Plugin that is Linux native. Its just got its most significant update yet and I am very happy with how it turned out :)

Check it out here 🙂
https://sinuslabs.io/product/reach

Attachments
Main Shot.jpg
Main Shot.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 453 times
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Sinuslabs REACH just got updated :)

Post by sysrqer »

Is there a changelog somewhere?

Looking forward to trying it out. I use this all the time and it is probably my favourite, it sounds incredible.

Sinuslabs
Established Member

Post by Sinuslabs »

Yes the changelog can be found on Github in the releases section

https://github.com/Sinuslabs/Reach/releases

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Hi! Could I get a clarification on your app? I see several sites claiming that REACH is open source and free, but it is obvious to me that you are selling the app (and deservedly so, want to get paid). Could you clarify if this app is open source, commercial, or somehow both? And if it is both, could you clarify your stance? I'd really appreciate it! :)

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

Audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:35 pm

Hi! Could I get a clarification on your app? I see several sites claiming that REACH is open source and free, but it is obvious to me that you are selling the app (and deservedly so, want to get paid). Could you clarify if this app is open source, commercial, or somehow both? And if it is both, could you clarify your stance? I'd really appreciate it! :)

I bought it a while ago, so I'll answer The code is on github under a gpl license. A binary installer is available on the releases section, you pay to activate the binary.

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Largos wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:06 pm
Audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:35 pm

I bought it a while ago, so I'll answer The code is on github under a gpl license. A binary installer is available on the releases section, you pay to activate the binary.

So, essentially you can compile it by yourself, but if you want to have a pre-build binary, you pay for that. Is it a serial number authentication that doesn't tie itself to anything?

I'm good with open source that provides a binary at cost. It's just unusual to also have the authentication involved as well. Is that part in the source code as well?

Also, how does it sound compared to other linux native reverb plugins?

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

Audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:15 pm

So, essentially you can compile it by yourself, but if you want to have a pre-build binary, you pay for that. Is it a serial number authentication that doesn't tie itself to anything?

I'm good with open source that provides a binary at cost. It's just unusual to also have the authentication involved as well. Is that part in the source code as well?

Also, how does it sound compared to other linux native reverb plugins?

Activate with a serial. It'd be a bit odd if the binary wasn't of the source code.

some demo sounds here https://soundcloud.com/sinuslabs/sets/r ... o-examples

Sinuslabs
Established Member

Post by Sinuslabs »

Hey so the plugin is not free but open source under gpl.
It would be great if you can post the sources where it claims that.

You can compile the source yourself. There is literally a flag called activated that you can set to true :)
However I am not offering any guidance or support for this process since its tricky and is rather painful to debug ((:

Some explanation:

I am trying to proof that you can run a business but still open source the apps.
I am also not selling this as an "open source reverb" because I just want it to be a great Reverb.

I see that there is often a lack of understanding where many people think that open source === free. However that is not the case here.

please keep in mind that I am just a solo dev and things might be bumpy or unclear in some cases.
Going open source was a big move for me but I truly believe that this was the right thing to do :)

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Sinuslabs wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:49 am

Hey so the plugin is not free but open source under gpl.
It would be great if you can post the sources where it claims that.

You can compile the source yourself. There is literally a flag called activated that you can set to true :)
However I am not offering any guidance or support for this process since its tricky and is rather painful to debug ((:

Some explanation:

I am trying to proof that you can run a business but still open source the apps.
I am also not selling this as an "open source reverb" because I just want it to be a great Reverb.

I see that there is often a lack of understanding where many people think that open source === free. However that is not the case here.

please keep in mind that I am just a solo dev and things might be bumpy or unclear in some cases.
Going open source was a big move for me but I truly believe that this was the right thing to do :)

Thanks for responding back and clarifying! I truly believe in the open source but pay for binaries business model, like Ardour and Sinuslabs does. So you have my absolute respect! I had suspected that this was the case, so I am happy to hear that this is the case. You're one of the good guys! :)