CALF plugins?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

RyanH
Established Member

Re: CALF plugins?

Post by RyanH »

Largos wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm

Dragonfly Reverb has good documentation, so you don't need to learn by tweaking knobs. https://michaelwillis.github.io/dragonf ... nuals.html

Thanks! Looks like great documentation. This will help me not just with Dragonfly reverbs but also to understand the concepts in general. Cheers!

RyanH
Established Member

Post by RyanH »

Daniele71 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 pm

I understand your point of view but Calf Reverb is one of the worst reverb plugin in the open source world. IMHO, good only for some fx stuff not to create rooms and environments.

I haven't always loved it but I recently used it to apply a light touch to my bass and it's perfect!

rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

Linuxmusician01 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:47 am
tramp wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Calf using Instance Assess to forward data from the dsp engine to the GUI. That cant be covered by a replacement GUI, regardless what you try.
Newer plugs using atom ports for that, that allow other developers to create a GUI by just using the data provided by the ttl files.
Hence, to get the full old Calf GUI as X11 GUI, calf needs to be patched to use atom ports instead Data Assess.

Does that mean that the X11 "version" of the GUI from https://github.com/falkTX/lv2-gtk-ui-bridge indeed looks very basic at the moment?

yes. at least qtractor and muse lets you choose which LV2UI is about to show up: in the former case, if you choose the "Gtk2 (native)" one you get the original real mccoy; if "X11 (native)" is chosen, then the lv2-gtk-ui-bridge'd one is then delivered, which might look like, say graphically challenged ;)~